- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Logitech G430 Gaming Headset for PC and PS4 Review
Logitech G430 Review
The Logitech G430 provides an immersive gaming experience that keeps you fully engaged without disrupting your environment.
- Experience the game the way it should sound. Thanks to its Dolby 7.1 system, sound comes from different directions - and you are right in the middle.
- The noise-cancelling microphone can be easily adjusted so that only the player’s voice is detected.
- The ear cushions of the G430 are coated with durable fabric, which cushions your ears for hours of plays. The cover can be easily removed in case you want to wash it.
- Compatibility: Works with the PS4 as well as with Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista computers
- Included in the delivery: Headset, USB adapter, user manual
Surround loudspeakers, whether in the home or office, are likely to have a fairly low Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF). If you want to enjoy the full capabilities of your sound systems, it would be better to invest in a cheaper and less controversial equipment. And that is where the Logitech G430 Gaming Headsets for PC and PS4 come in.
This headset brings out the full 3D sounds of a gaming environment without disrupting other people with all the gunfire and screams of a dying monster.
Installing the Logitech software through the USB port is smooth and the unit is immediately recognized without any error. On the PC, it is recognized as a separate sound card. The software is used for running extensive parameters such as the level of surround channels and sound.
One of the biggest plus points for the Logitech G430 is the comfort and sound quality. Even for people with above average head size, the headphones sit on the ears and temples very comfortably thanks to the wide adjustability settings.
The headphones are fabric-coated and come with a generous cable that will withstand any encounter with the desk, chair or drawer.
In surround mode, the headset conjures detailed soundscapes in the head. It covers the entire frequency spectrum of sound in a clean way – whether it is the deep rumble of thunder or hard clashing of metal, it does it without a problem.
The G430 even makes film sound really fun. It is only the location to the rear that needs better differentiation. But that is whining too much. The sound is excellent overall.
The sound of the headset is quite useful in normal stereo. Basses have sufficient draft and the highs are not too pushy.
These are certainly better quality headphones than most but cannot say much on whether they are good for listening to music.
On the quality of the microphone, there have been no complaints from the other side and for video conferencing and chatting they are certainly more than adequate.
- Long, flexible and well-protected cable
I had for long wanted a headset that provided connection via 3.5mm and vrtual surround via an included USB soundcard.
Probably one can get similar results with a good stereo headset and an equally good soundcard. But since my computer only offers a standard on-board HDA Realtek Chipset, I did not have to compromise as I use the headset on the notebook for work and desktop for occasional play.
I also did not have to experiment with a wide variety of virtual surround software which do not perform well on the headphones.
Pros of the Logitech G430 Gaming Headphones
- Removable and washable ear cushions made from breathable cloth that fits snuggly on the ears
- Very good stereo sound via 3.5mm
- Very good surround sound with good location with the included USB sound card (Logitech Gaming Software needs to be installed and runs well with simple configuration)
- Polyester-coated cables which do not get entangled easily
- Sturdy metal bracket (under the plastic cover)
- Piano lacquer finish (except on the inside of the microphone and only 2cm²) makes it less prone to fingerprints
- Perfect comfort even with glasses and for long hours of wearing
Cons of the Logitech G430 Gaming Headphones
- Volume control is not on the headphones (that can be probably seen as a luxury problem)
- No Auto-mute for the fold-up microphone
- Breaking point in the clip volume control. This is because a very weak plastic clip is used for fastening onto the shirt and can break at any time.
For me, this is the only viable gaming headset available for a price range of below $100.
Some people have reported some noises when the volume is at 100%. This problem can be mitigated as follows (Windows): Right click on volume control>Playback Devices>Properties of the headset>Turn Level Down>Level of microphone or switch-off completely.
This does not affect the volume of the recording (on playback devices), but the level of the listening. It sounds so bad because the headset seals very well, but the noise is fortunately completely eliminated.
There are two standard accessories that will make your overall experience with the Logitech G430 Headset more enjoyable and which you should invest in. These are the Logitech G240 Gaming Mouse-Pad Cloth and the Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard.
Logitech G240 Gaming Mouse Pad Cloth
This is a good accessory to have as it offers the following advantages:
- The cloth surface of the G240 offers the ideal friction for optimal mouse control and precise cursor placement
- Ideally suited for games with lower DPI sensitivity
- The uniform surface structure is optimized for the sensors of the Logitech G Gaming Mice
- The soft rubber base provides stability and comfort at the same time
- Scope of delivery: Gaming Mouse Pad
I am actually not a fan of the mouse, but when I bought my new Logitech G602 mouse I thought I needed to have a decent mouse-pad. I chose the Logitech Mouse Pad because honestly, the normal mousepads are rather annoying with their stupid edges.
The flatness of the mousepad makes it hard to notice because it becomes like a second skin. And it also sits firmly in place due to its rubberized bottom surface makes it difficult to slip. I often have to partially lift it in order to move it around.
The size of the pad is also great and no matter what you are currently doing, it is extremely convenient. Because of its well thought flat design and quality material, you will not see the fraying that is common with other mousepads.
This mouse looks as good as it did when I first purchased it over one year ago and would highly recommend it to anyone – especially because of its price.
Logitech Gaming Keyboard G510s
After my old keyboard gave up on me after 16,000 hours of service, it was time to purchase a new one. Getting a replacement was not easy but after a long search, I settled on the Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard for the following reasons:
- Control music players using the keyboard
- Jack for my headset (even if the headset finally lands on a USB port)
- Lighting (Unfortunately, some gaming keyboards have today no lighting)
The keyboard comes with the following features and specifications as standard:
- The G510s has 18 programmable G-keys, up to 54 special functions and complex actions can be configured with them.
- Thanks to the signalling rate of 500 Hz, the G510s is four times faster than other USB keyboards and thus provides the necessary power when you need milliseconds to decide the victor in a game.
- With the adjustable button illumination profiles, profile modes and mode types can be assigned individual colours.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.6.x or higher
- Included in the delivery: Logitech Gaming Keyboard G510S, palm rest, User Manual
Pros of the Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard
- Easy to install software- simply download from the Logitech website and without much effort, the keyboard is quickly adjusted to the desired configuration
- The key are very quiet even with intense key actions
- Easy to adjust the keyboard to display the TS
- The palm rest is very comfortable and fits well to almost any hand size. This is more suited for gaming and not for long hours of typing which is best done using your standard keyboard.
- The keys are not too hard but provide enough resistance only to trigger the action you want. This means you have to be aware of the key before deciding to press it because it can make it more inaccurate.
The Logitech G510s is basically a slightly modified G510 keyboard.
Its design is appealing but the small screen, though nice, is not absolutely necessary. Moreover, it is more than
There are very little changes and the technically, both keyboards (G510s and G510) are basically the same, the materials used and the design contrast a little bit from each other.
Why one should pay 1.5 times more for this product in light of these very small changes is not apparent to me. With the G510 you are just as well served and you will save some good money.
At the price point of the G510s there should be more of a mechanical keyboard and various goodies such as an integrated USB Hub.
What is very good however, is the fact that you can adjust the lighting colour of the keyboard individually and for certain games, it can be used to highlight a specific profile. For example, my G510s lights up in red when playing Diablo 3 whereas it lights up in orange when playing Half Life 2.
The keyboard is comfortable for writing as well as playing, but cannot hold up a candle against a mechanical keyboard such as the Razer Black Widow which has a clearer attachment point and has a more accurate reaction time.