Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 Challenge #10: Sliver Infiltration
Your opponent has a wall of monsters in the way and you only have one creature. Get him through the wall to destroy your opponent in one go.
The monsters in your way are Prized Unicorn (2/2, must be blocked by everyone), Wall of Bone (1/4, Defender, tap B to Regenerate), Caustic Hound (4/4, each player loses 4 life when it dies), Body of Jukai (8/5, Trample, Soulshift 8), Darksteel Gargoyle (3/3, Flying, Indestructible), Plated Slagwurm (8/8, Hexproof).
You have a Tidal Kraken (6/6, can't be blocked)
Still want to try to solve this on your own? These tips can put you in the right direction.
- The title is only a partial hint at the solution, Slivers only play a tangential role to winning
- You will need to use a combination of drawing cards and searching through your deck to win
- If you take out the Darksteel Gargoyle your opponent can't block Flying creatures
- You can Exile creatures with Indestructible
- You have a way to sacrifice creatures if you need to trigger an effect that activates upon death
- Cast Crib Swap on his Darksteel Gargoyle
- Cast Virulant Sliver
- Cast the second Virulant Sliver
- Cast Brainstorm
- Return any two cards EXCEPT Protean Hulk
- Use Quicksilver Amulet to cast Protean Hulk
- Use Culling Dais' first ability and sacrifice Protean Hulk to it
- Use Protean Hulk's triggered ability to summon Predator Dragon (it's the last card in the pile)
- Feed the two Virulent Slivers to Predator Dragon's Devour ability, giving it +4/+4
- Unleash the Kraken! (and the Predator Dragon)