Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 Challenge #2: Gird for War
Your opponent has four Walking Corpse (2/2) creatures and you have four Silvercoat Lions (2/2). You have a hand full of equipment cards and you need to win this turn. Equip the right gear and destroy your enemy.
Still want to try to solve this on your own? These tips can put you in the right direction.
- Giving a creature "Trample" and +3/+0 is more cost effective than giving it "Intimidate"
- A creature can have as many pieces of equipment on it as you can afford to cast
- O-Naginata only checks to see if the power of the creature is greater than 3 at the time it equips
- Stone-Golem Gauntlets is very cost effective if you play lots of equipment
- Empyrial Plate is only effective if you don't play lots of equipment
- Play Golem-Skin Gauntlets and equip it to the same Silvercoat Lion (now 3/2)
- Play Trusty Machete and equip it to the same Silvercoat Lion (now 6/3)
- Play O-Naginata & equip it to a Silvercoat Lion (now 10/3, with Trample)
- Attack with everything
- Trample damage plus an unblocked Lion (he will double-block the equipped Lion) gives you the win
Do you normally use equipment in your magic decks?
You can check out guides for the remaining ten challenges from the list below, or go to the master list to find a complete list of guides for both the 2013 and 2014 incarnations of Duels of the Planeswalkers.
- Command the Dead
- Gird for War
- Battle Tactics
- Blood is Life
- Defeat the Troll
- Sliver Strike Team
- Go Berserk
- Near Death
- Get a Grip
- Sliver Infiltration