- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Card Games»
- Collectible Card Games
Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 Challenge #9: Get a Grip
Your opponent has two Memnites (1/1) and four Bonebreaker Giants (4/4), as well as a Rod of Ruin (Artifact, tap 3 mana and the Rod to deal 1 damage to a target creature or player) under his control. You need to breakthrough these defenses to win this turn or face certain doom.
At your disposal is a Black Knight (2/2, First Strike, Protection from White) and a Vulshok Refugee (3/2, protection from red) enchanted with Pacifism (enchanted creature can't attack or block). Both creatures have protection from a color, but neither can get past artifact creatures. Fortunately you have spells in hand that can clear the way, if you play them right.
Still want to try to solve this on your own? These tips can put you in the right direction.
- Protection from a color will prevent any creatures from blocking that creature, and enchantments from enchanting that creature (including ones that are already on it)
- Pyroclasm will deal damage to every creature on the board, including yours, except those that have Protection from Red
- Cast Pyroclasm
- Cast Stave Off on Vulshok Refugee and choose "White" to remove Pacifism
- Attack with Vulshok Refugee
You can check out guides for the remaining ten challenges from the list below, or go to the master list to find a complete list of guides for both the 2013 and 2014 incarnations of Duels of the Planeswalkers.
- Command the Dead
- Gird for War
- Battle Tactics
- Blood is Life
- Defeat the Troll
- Sliver Strike Team
- Go Berserk
- Near Death
- Get a Grip
- Sliver Infiltration