How to Make Candles at Home With a Few Simple Steps.
What you will need
Things you will need before you get started:
- Glass Container (Candle Holder)
- Paraffin Wax
- High temperature Thermometer
- Wick base
- Fragrance Oil
- Double Boiler (2 pots, one that will fit in the other)
1. Place your glass (I used a pickle jar) in the oven and turn it on to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Measure out your Wax. ** One pound of wax will make about a 20 oz. candle.**
Melt wax in double boiler
3. Using the Double boiler method, heat your wax until it has full melted, about 180F. ** Please note that different types of wax melt at different temperature. **
4. Measure out your fragrance oil and stir it into your wax. Let it cook for about 15 minutes. ** About 1 oz. of fragrance oil to 1 pound of wax **
Prepare your wick
5. Prepare your wicks by measuring out the length and adding a wick to the bottom. Dip the wick in your melted wax and let it dry straight so it is stiff.
6. Remove your glass from the oven.
Tie wick in center of glass
7. Carefully pour the hot wax into your glass and then put the wick in the center. A tent stake worked well to hold the wick in place.
8. Let the wax cool for 24 hours.
9. After waiting 24 hours, trim the wick to about 1/4 of an inch.
That is all there is to it. Enjoy.