- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Minecraft Top 20 Things You NEED To Build In Your Minecraft World!
Welcome to My Minecraft Build Ideas!
Welcome to my list of 20 Minecraft builds which will improve and revitalise your world and add a whole new dimension of creativity to your world. If you want build ideas then you've come to the right place. Here you'll find some great plans and tutorials to create some awesome builds in your world! I'll start the list now!
- An autosmelter will let you automatically smelt items in your world without having to worry about placing items in all your furnaces! The image to the right shows you exactly how to construct them and where to put you input materials as well as where you'll receive items out of the furnace after they have been smelted!
- A Minecraft pirate ship is one of the most impressive builds that you can have in your world! A large ship shows your prowess as a builder and shows your technical ability to build large scale projects! This image shows you layer by layer how to build your ship which will dominate your seas! Building these with a lighter wood and using a darker wood where the ship meets the water gives a very detailed effect which will make your design look a lot better! And why not add some vines or mossy stone near the base of your ship to give a worn down effect!
- Making bridges in Minecraft is almost essential unless your home biome is a desert or plains biome. Traversing waterways is always useful so why not do it in style! A simple stone bridge or a more complex wooden archaic bridge gives a lot of character to your town or base and shows that you can build functionality as well as just flashy builds! This simple stone slab bridge is simple and effective and fits in well with the pathway which leads out from either side!
- A bunkbed is usually one of the first advanced builds a player will make in their world. Every player has experimented with it at some stage and this design is just on of the hundreds which exist! Let your imagination run free and build one of the greatest bunkbeds Minecraft has ever seen! Be creative when creating your new designs and a bunkbed will add so much character to a bedroom!
- Large or small dams give an attractive feature of the landscape or can be used to bridge the gap between different heights of water! This dam shown is a large attractive dam which catches the players eye and shows your ability as an advanced builder!
- Oh yes! A large traditional wooden dojo! In the early days of Minecraft these were commonly made of wood but the addition of prismarine blocks as well as all the new concrete coloured blocks gives us designers a lot of room to play around with colour and design. These can be made short or tall and add an impressive centre point to towns or settlements. Make sure it fits the theme of your base however as a large oriental dojo in the middle of a modern town usually doesn't look so good!
- Talking of impressive colourful builds - take a look at the colourful creative ferris wheel shown to the right! If you want to make a circus then a ferris wheel is a must have! These large scale creative designs give an amazing insight into your skill as a builder. Usually these are made of wood but why not get creative and build with netherrack or try iron bars! You can make your ferris wheel as big or small as you like. Make sure you use a circle generator to get an accurately sized wheel before you make a ferris oval!
- Making a garden in Minecraft is absolutely essential for any creative builder or designer! Mojang gives us so many options in terms of greenery and shrubery, leaves, grass, flowers, dandelions, trees and more allows to build massively detailed garden scapes which turn a normal Minecraft house into an impressive Minecraft mansion! When building gardens why not try making organised arrangements of greenery or alternatively make a "messier" display to give a more overgrown look! Leaves and vines can give everything a worn down look.
- Making a large custom tree in your world can give a massive boost to the awesomeness of your world. The basic tutorial for building massive custom trees is shown to the right but the most important thing is to be creative in your work and try to make everything flow naturally as you build. Think about what actual trees look like and draw inspiration from what you know to help make more impressive builds! Custom trees often require large amounts of wood and leaves. Try using different types of leaves to give more depth in different areas of the tree and maybe use darker wood for the roots or to make grooves in the tree! Hiding glowstone inside the leaves can give a cool glowing effect and keep it lit up for some more shading!
- Any town in Minecraft can not be finished without some cars running around! This small golfcart shows some basic tips for building vehicles and the truck way down below in the list also shows some more detailed ways to add character to your vehicle creations! There are loads of tutorials on how to build cars in Minecraft as well as building trucks, bikes, helicopters, planes! Why not create something yourself such as a digger or mining drone!
- Which Minecraft player has never attempted to make a Minecraft hotel? Every large city needs a hotel and this one comes accompanied with a rooftop garden for a quiet break! Making hotels can be monotonous if you build all the floors at once and then fill them in - why not try building one layer and then creating the rooms on each floor! Make sure to include a kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, spa, swimming pool and gym to make your hotel really luxurious!
- Pixel art in Minecraft is a creative players biggest dream! Making detailed pictures based on real life gives a very artistic feel to your world. The templates to the side show some very basic pixel art Minecraft mob faces which can be used on their own or incorporated into a build to give more character to your world!
- Ah the pyramid... One of everyone's first builds in their Minecraft world! How to build a minecraft pyramid needs no guide; but how to decorate the inside is a different story. Why not create an authentic Egyptian burial site or a tomb. Alternatively you could create a modern base hideout or construct a huge underground network of tunnels which form the majority of your base!
- Holy cow. Look at this seatown created on this completely man made island. Builds like this make Minecraft fun to play and it shows the creativity of the player base. This island is actually inhabited by villagers on the original world and you can just imagine the hustle and bustle of hundreds of villagers running around the narrow streets and up the stairs. The inside of this island connects all of the building too with a series of underground passages and tunnels!
- These simple stone statues are one of my personal favourite builds purely because of the simplicity yet detail in them. They have so much character and if you want to know how to build good statues in Minecraft this is a great place to start!
- This medium height watchtower gives a good detail in any town or settlement in your Minecraft world. Placed around the outside of a base with walls in between can transform your base into a more secure settlement and help protect against mobs or other players! Why not try varying the design and use iron and white glass to give a more futuristic looking tower. Try making some medieval siege weapons and placing them on the top to make your base look super secure!
- This Minecraft truck is one of the most detailed builds I have ever seen. The attention to detail makes this also one of my favourites. As I said before vehicles are one of the most important builds but so many people avoid them because they think that they're difficult! I hope the two vehicles in this list will show you how to create and decorate cars, trucks and more and will give you the confidence to try new things and believe in your building ability!
- I remember when I first built a TV in Minecraft. I thought it was amazing! This design is a basic one and there are much much more complex and cool designs! One YouTuber even made a working TV in Minecraft and I'll link this below so you can see for yourself! One tip I found useful is to use levers on the top of your TV to make it look like antennae!
- Just look how epic this underwater base is! The time and effort that goes into clearing out water to make massive structures like this is just phenomenal! Try using sponges to clear water out - note that these have interesting mechanics so be careful when using them! Underwater bases give an epic feel to your building ability and seeing huge glass walls with an ocean trapped behind is an amazing feeling for your Minecraft world!
- Building a windmill is a difficult task. Copying the work of other is easy but creating your own windmill is a difficult task. It is however extremely rewarding to see such a beautiful build come to light as you advance on it! Creating something like this requires extreme attention to detail but unfortunately you won't be able to make it spin. That is unless you use command blocks like one YouTuber did - look for the video below!
I hope this guide will help you add some new designs to your world and help restart your love of Minecraft if that's what you need! If you have any questions feel free to ask me below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!