- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Roleplaying Video Games»
- Japanese Roleplaying Video Games
Pokémon: Blastoise Nicknames
Pokemon #009: Blastoise
Blastoise is a Water-type Shell Pokemon. Not only is its shell extremely hard and durable, it also has water cannons on its back that are as accurate as a sniper. Besides using its water cannons as water shooters, it can also use them to increase its speed by propulsion and body slam into anything with no self-damage.
Nickname Ideas for Blastoise
1. Blasty – I’m sure I’m not alone on this one. Many people would have named their Blastoise “Blasty”. After all, it’s simple and cute.
2. Tortoise – It’s a tortoise, that’s for sure! Ever noticed the “toise” in its name?
3. Heavyweight – If this Pokémon isn’t heavy enough for you, then try letting it body slam you.
4. Old Faithful – Just like how this Pokémon shoots powerful blasts of water, Old Faithful is a geyser that shoots concentrated water every couple of minutes.
5. Typhoon – If this Pokémon targets all its firepower (I mean waterpower) on you, it’s assured that you will experience a force similar to that of a typhoon.
6. Kamex – Almost everyone in Japan calls it this.
7. Panzer – This is a German word that means “armour.” Also, it’s what they call some of their tanks.
8. Poseidon – The God of the Sea. It’s unoriginal, yes, but it still sounds cool.
9. Blizzaga – If Squirtle is Blizzard and Wartortle is Blizzara, then Blastoise is most definitely Blizzaga.
10. Leviathan – A gigantic sea monster. Blastoise is a monstrous water-type Pokémon so you might as well name it Leviathan.
11. Tidus – Just hearing the name makes it clear that it is based on the word “tide.”
12. Abyss – I think of the deep sea whenever I see the word “abyss.”
13. Water Bowser – If you are not reminded of Bowser whenever you see Blastoise, then there’s something wrong with you. It was made Water Bowser for the distinction, by the way.
14. Calamity – This creature will bring calamity unto anyone who dares challenge it to a fight.
15. Oceanus – Go figure! The word “ocean” is in it.
16. Waterloo – This reminds me of something called the Battle of Waterloo. It’s a good name especially that this Pokémon is always ready for battle.
17. Turtletank – It’s a turtle and a tank blended into one being.
18. Triton – The Greek God Messenger of the Sea. Who you calling messenger?!
19. Mizukage – Literally means Water Shadow—the leader of the Village Hidden in the Mist.
20. Genbu – A mythical turtle creature in Chinese folklore.
21. Thicc – Just one glance and anyone can tell how thicc this Pokémon is.
22. King Koopa – Another name for Bowser. You can name your Blastoise King Koopa if it’s a male.
23. Queen Koopa – The wife of Bowser if she ever existed. You can name your Blastoise Queen Koopa of it’s a female.
24. La Niña – This literally means “little girl” but is also known as a weather occurrence marked by excessive rain.
25. Torcannon – Don’t sweat it! It’s just a mixture of tortoise and cannon.
26. Punch Taker – I recall Blastoise being fire punched by a Charizard in a certain Pokemon anime. Of course, the punch was ineffective. It was like Blastoise didn’t even give a crap.
27. Mega Squirter – I don’t need to explain. It’s pretty self-explanatory.
28. Bazooka – In relation to those water blasters behind it.
29. Daddy – Just call it daddy because it looks like one. Venusaur, on the other hand, looks like a mommy.
30. Battousai – I know it’s very unrelated but it does sound like Blastoise.
31. Jinbei – Jinbei is a big merman from the One Piece series. Also, Jinbei is blue.
32. Washer – Hire it now as a dishwasher or a washing machine. Either way, it’ll wash all your worries away.
33. Deluge – Defined as the overflowing of the land by water. A perfect name for a tremendously strong water-type Pokémon.
34. Fat Albert – Fat Albert is fat, and so is this bulky creature.
35. Maui – From the movie Moana. Maui is the demigod of the wind and sea.
36. Gen. Hydro – Noticed how I interchanged the words from Hydrogen? It’s pretty clever how it became Gen. Hydro.
37. Bombshell – That shell on its back is truly the bomb—a water bomb!
38. Squirtle – Still can’t get over the fact that you cute, little Squirtle has become a monstrous water beast? Well, name it Squirtle so you’ll be reminded of its prior cuteness forever.
39. Megaton – A term used for nuclear bombs. What if this Pokémon blasted nuclear material instead of water? We’re all doomed!
40. Extinguisher – Blastoise is certainly the best fire extinguisher in town.
41. Tsunami – This is just another term for tidal wave.
42. Shellshock – I’m warning you: don’t ever mess with this Pokémon. Don’t blame me if you die of shock when it hits you with its super hard shell.
43. Big Show – Yup, Big Show the wrestler. Blastoise does look like Big Show, right?
44. Pacifica – Based on the Pacific Ocean, except this is a girl’s name.
45. Storm Surge – Expect a storm surge wherever Blastoise is.
46. Basilisk – The legendary reptile known as the king of serpents. Blastoise isn’t a serpent, but it sure is a reptile.
47. Blue – It’s color is blue, duh!
48. Turtillery – A nickname made from the combination of the words “turtle” and “artillery.”
49. Agua – Just another word for water.
50. Blastoise – If you don’t want to bother giving it a decent nickname, then just stick with Blastoise.