Pokémon X and Y Great Hints and Tips
Pokémon X and Y are the first two installments of the sixth generation Pokémon games. These role-play games are well loved by children and adults alike and have been developed and published by Game Freak and Nintendo for the 2DS and 3DS handheld games consoles.
Both games where initially announced in early 2013 and where released to buy on October 12 2013. The games are based in a new region known as Kalos and like all the previous games there are three starter Pokémon, Fennekin, Froakie, and Chespin.
Pokemon X and Y Hints and Tips
- In Aquacorde Town buy plenty of Pokeballs. Once you reach Santualune Forest you will have the chance to catch Caterpie, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Fletchling, Scatterbug and Pikachu.
- Pikachu is well worth catching as there are not that many electric type Pokémon in the game and they can become very strong if trained well.
- The first gym in these games is a bug type gym run by a trainer known as Viola. Her two Pokémon are level 10 and 12 and Fennekin is a good Pokémon to use in this gym. Fletchling is also a good choice and can be caught in Santualune Forest.
The second is Grant’s rock type gym. Water and grass types will be useful here. Grant has a Tyrunt and an Amaura , both at level 25.
- Fairy types are immune to the previously super powerful dragon types and attacks. Fairy types are also strong against fighting types, making them a great choice for your Pokémon team. In reverse poison is strong against Fairy.
After beating the Elite Four you can travel to the Friend Safari in Kiloude City. All of the Pokémon in the Safari area are level 30 and each area is type specific which makes catching any you missed out during the game easier.
Gym 3 – Shalour City
Location: Shalour City
Gym Leader: Korrina
Speciality: Fighting type
Reward: Rumble badge and TM 98 Power-Up Punch
Pokémon: Level 29 Mienfoo, level 32 Hawlucha and level 28 Machoke
Gym 4 – Courmaline City
Location: Courmaline City
Gym Leader: Ramos
Speciality: Grass type
Reward: Grass badge and TM 86 Grass Knot
Pokémon: Level 25 30 Jumpluff, level 34 Gogoat and level 31 weepinbell
Gym Fact File
Gym 1 - Santalune City
Location: Santalune City
Gym Leader: Viola
Speciality: Bug type
Reward: Bug badge and TM 83 Infestation
Pokémon: Level 10 Surskit and level 12 Vivillon
Gym 2 - Cyllage City
Location: Cyllage City
Gym Leader: Grant
Speciality: Rock type
Reward: Cliff badge and TM 39 Rock Tomb
Pokémon: Level 25 Tyrunt and Level 25 Amaura
More Pokémon X and Y Hints and Tips
- Once you have completed your Pokedex, take the train to Lumiose City. Here you can get your National Pokedex which allows you to see every Pokémon ever featured in a Pokémon game.
- If you don’t have enough money to use the taxi service in Lumiose City, do not worry. Instead you can challenge the drive to a Pokémon battle and if you win you get a free taxi ride.
- Take care to evenly level all the Pokémon in your party. Levelling one or two and leaving the others is not only an ineffective way to train but could leave you stuck if the only high level one/s you have faint or are affected by poison or sleep etc.
- Once you have defeated the Elite Four, travel back to Lumiose City and speak to the scientist on the second floor of Professor Sycamore’s lab. He will give you a Poke Radar which can be used to locate Pokémon that are hidden in tall grass.
When you have fully completed the National pokedex visit professor Sycamore. He will give you the Shiny Charm. This item increases the chances of finding a shiney Pokémon in the wild by 300%.
Gym 7 – Anistar City
Location: Anistar City
Gym Leader: Olympia
Speciality: Psychic type
Reward: Psychic badge and TM 04 Calm Mind
Pokémon: Level 44 Sigilyph, level 45 Slowking and level 48 Meowstic
Gym 8 - Snowbelle City
Location: Snowbelle City
Gym Leader: Wulfric
Speciality: Ice type
Reward: Iceberg badge and TM 13 Ice Beam
Pokémon: Level 56 Abomasnow, level 55 Cryogonal and level 59 Avalugg.
Gym Fact File
Gym 5 – Lumiose City
Location: Lumiose City
Gym Leader: Clemont
Speciality: Electric type
Reward: Voltage badge and TM 24 Thunderbolt
Pokémon: Level 35 Emolga, level 35 Magneton and level 37 Heliolisk
Gym 6 – Laverre City
Location: laverre City
Gym Leader: valerie
Speciality: Fairy type
Reward: Fairy badge and HM 99 Dazzling Gleam
Pokémon: Level 38 Mawile, level 39 Mr Mime and level 42 Sylveon
Pokemon Hints and Tips
- Giving your Pokémon a lucky egg will create a boost of +50% EXP for that Pokémon.
- Rocks inside Glittering Cave may contain Pokémon fossils. These can be broken open using Rock Smash and recovered at the lab in Ambrette Town.
- Dittos can be used to breed with any Pokémon type. These can be caught in the Pokémon village.
- When you meet up with Professor Sycamore he will let you chose a second starter Pokémon. These are the three starters from the red and blue games - Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle. Take care when choosing your X or Y starter as this can be a big help in developing a balanced team rather than ending up with two starters of the same type.
- In Courmarine City you can find a stall that will give you one free berry every day.
© 2014 Claire