Quest for Infamy Walkthrough, Act Three: Tyr and Rayford
The end is nigh. The full extent of Rayford's plans have been laid bare, and with his plan exposed he decides to attack Tyr and conquer the port city, his Morroi allies at his side. Roehm has defeated the cultist leader, but going after Rayford...? That might be a bit much. He'll need some help to bring the fiend down for good - and there are plenty of bodies willing to see Rayford stopped.
- Once you defeat Uotaargh, you'll be free to explore the Morroi base. There is, that said, nothing of worth to be found in this place. Exit through the front gates and head back down the mountain. Your Map is removed from your inventory at this point, so there's no more quick travelling.
- Kayanna will meet you partway down. You have two options: Yes, you'll help Kayanna end this all, or No, you're outta here. Press the No option and you're dead, so, uh, best go along with her plans. She'll give you three Healing Potions and send you on your way.
- Head through the forest toward the Killington mansion. The forest is now occasionally populated by Rayford's guards, and you'll have to kill them off on your way out of here.
- You need to head to Tyr. Unfortunately, the front of Volksville is guarded by a massive number of cultists and soldiers. There are two ways to get past this little predicament.
Your first option is to look for a back door of sorts, and you can find just that to the north of Tyr. Enter the fields west of the crossroads that lead to Tyr and the Tower Bridge and search to the south for the ruins of an outlook, above a culvert. You can climb down the rocks and walk along the culvert to reach the walls of Tyr, then go down a tower at the end to reach the Library. Voila.
The other option is to gather up allies to help you invade Tyr. You'll need to head back to Volksville for this one.
Enter the Sheriff's office. Jan is inside, and he'll try to arrest you. If you speak to him reasonably and try to convince him that Rayford is in the wrong, he'll join up and help out. Otherwise he'll storm off, looking for Rayford. Once he's gone, check Rayford's desk for a Jail Key, then go through the wooden door in the Sheriff's office to find a load of people being held prisoner. You can use the Key to free them.
The prisoners will engage Rayford's goons in combat - all but two Morroi. These jerks will beat you to death if you try to enter the city. Visit Jerrod at his apothecary shop and Roehm will ask for something to knock them out. Jerrod will request some Green Slime, which you can get from the fountain on the ground of the Killington mansion. He'll give you a Green Smoke Bomb. Use it on the Morroi to get past.
- Tyr has been conquered by the forces of Rayford. Wandering around will force you into a number of battles against multple enemies. Block judiciously. The guards drop large amounts of bly and a fair number of items when defeated, and should always be looted. Just in case.
- If you want you can save the councillors of Tyr. Take the lower path on the left side of the central plaza and you'll find them being locked up. Kill a guard to free them and earn an achievement. They'll make progression elsewhere a bit easier.
- You can also save Voleris and Tyr's Arrows from the barracks, down the top-right path of the central plaza. Kill the two guards out front, then unlock the door to the barracks. This will also earn you an achievement, and makes wandering the streets a bit easier, as the Arrows will kill enemies in advance of your arrival.
- You ultimately need to head to the docks, and having saved the councillors and Tyr's Arrows will make that a bit easier, as they'll clear the path for you. Regardless, you'll be saved when you arrive at the bottom of the lighthouse.
- Climb the tower. At the top, after a lengthy cut scene, you'll have to fight off Rayford. He's a powerful opponent, with more health than you've seen up to this point, but he fights like the rest. Use the Healing Potions you've accumulated during the Act to keep your health up, block as necessary, and whittle him down until he falls.
- You have one last choice to make: kill Rayford or spare him. Either way, you'll wind up with an achievement, as well as the ending. Congratulations! You've completed Quest for Infamy!