RC planes for beginners into aeromodelling
The most important thing which I would suggest for the beginners who are into aeromodelling is to check out a shop called India's Hobby Centre in New Delhi and Kolkata. The address and contact numbers are:
India's Hobby Centre (P) Ltd.
K-25, Opposite PVR Plaza, Connaught Place, New Delhi - 110001
Contact #: 011-23417185
India's Hobby Centre (P) Ltd.
1/A Russel Street
Middleton Row, Kolkata, West Bengal 700071
Contact #: 033-22261910
I think there would be similar establishments in other major cities of India like Mumbai
India Hobby Centre
377 Shop No 3,"mayur" Ground Floor
V P Road, Mumbai, 400004
Contact #: 022-23823125
These shops have a wide range of balsa wood planes, which you have to put together. These are extremely good for beginners.
Here is what beginners should start off with (in serial order):
- Static Planes: Planes, which don't fly, but will help you get the hold of sanding and assembling.
- Chuck Gliders: These are planes which fly, but with the help of a throw or a rubber band. These are small and easy to make and will help you to understand the basics of flight.
- Control Line Planes: Now these are motor-powered planes which only fly in a circular path with the help of a metallic/cloth line attached from one wing and one end is with you. These planes are fun to make and fly.
- Free Flight Gliders: These are as the name suggests planes on which you have no control over. One of the most toughest kind of planes to make, these depend on your assembly skill and aeronautical knowledge.
- R/C Planes and Helicopters: Yes, this is the final stage. You should reach this stage in a year or two depending on your interest and time. Indian models of this kind are not very reliable and pilot friendly, so I suggest you order these kinds of planes from sites like hobbico and great planes.
Yes, they'll leave your wallet thinner no doubt, but the experience would be amazing.
The address which I found for the same in USA is:
America's Hobby Center
8300 Tonnelle Avenue
North Bergen, NJ 07047
VENDORS PROVIDING RC EQUIPMENTS IN INDIA:
M/s Enr Model Aircraft
35, Lady Curzon Road
Shivlo Hobby Center
303,Umaiya Shopping Center
Satellite Road Ahmedabad, India
Mr.G.R.K.Nair 'Manglam' Denning Road
Civil Lines Jabalpur, India
INDIARC managed by Sunil Rikhe. Based in Pune.
RADICALWORKS Based in delhi, it has a vast range of products
MICROBRUSHLESS MOTOR This is a friend in BANGLORE, has developed a micro brushless motor for indoor planes which is selling like anything around the world.
Guinness Book of World Records - The largest model RC Plane in the world
- Micro RC Planes Make Model Flying Fun Again - Popular Mechanics
- HOBBY STORES, PEOPLE, HOBBY SHOP HOBBIES COURSES,CLASSES,ACTIVTIES,MUMBAI,DELHI,CHENNAI,INDIA
HOBBY STORES, HOBBY PEOPLE, HOBBY SHOP Hobbies and Hobby Classes in India.
- India\'s Hobby Centre Kolkata|India\'s Hobby Centre Lala Lajpat Rai Sarani|India\'s Hobby Centre Rus
- Aeromodelling main page
Aeromodelling in Mumbai, India. An introduction to the hobby of aeromodelling for absolute novices - different types of aeromodels are described - Static models - Flying aeromodels - Construction of model aircraft - a bit of theory - Flying instruct