Remote Control Helicopters: Top Five Flying Radio control Helicopter Toys to Buy
A Radio Controlled Helicopter is basically a scale model of a real-life helicopter, which can be controlled by a hand-held controlling device using the radio signals and frequencies. There are various radio controlled instruments available these days that come in all ranges, sizes and have been adapted to various age groups as well. Apart from being a scale model of real-life vehicles like cars, trucks, boats etc, these radio controlled toys also come in various ranges of robots, dinosaurs and other animals.
Humans have always fancied flying, and when it comes to a flying helicopter - it has always been a dream of kids, as well as of grown up adults to own and fly one. When it comes to controlling all the radio controlled instruments available in the market, mastering the art of flying a radio controlled helicopter is considered to be the toughest of all. The skills of a person to properly fly a radio controlled helicopter may vary with different designs as the controls, the movement and other specifications also count a lot in the flight performance.
Usually radio controlled helicopters are designed to work and fly quite a lot like the real-life helicopters. These RC helicopters come in various ranges for various age groups. There are small size helicopters, which are light and work on infra red, and can be operated from a distance of 100 meters. Similarly, there are arm sized helicopters, which work on radio waves and can be remote controlled from quite a large distance. Nevertheless, both can fly well and it is always fun and a fantasy to make them fly (I can tell that, as I own one tiny infra red one and I absolutely adore it!)
Some precautions to take while Flying RC Helicopters:
However, no matter how much fun it is to fly these mini-copters, it is very necessary to take immense care and precautions before getting your hands on these marvels. You need to consider different factors like cost, age group, level of expertise, how much time you can spend on learning and maintaining it, and of course safety features so that you don't bang the copter on someone's head!
- If you are a novice, I'd recommend you to go with a smaller version (infrared) of the helicopter. Go for a good brand, coz you might tend to crash the copter a lot of times. If you choose cheaper brand that has more weight and cheap plastic, then you might not survive more than 5 crashes. The one I own is amazingly light weight and I might have crashed it some 50 times by now. I bought it for 45 Euros, some 4 months back. It is still sturdy and flies like a feather.
- Always start practicing on the indoors, so that you gain better control over the copter and its directions.
- If you are practicing with small ones outside, then you need to check the wind condition, otherwise it may fly away with the wind and gets out of your control.
- Always make it sure that no small kids are available in the vicinity of your practice area. The best place to practice is an open hall or a room with minimal furnishing. It would be even better, if the room has carpeted flooring.
Below are some of the most amazing and best selling Radio controlled/Infra red controlled helicopter toys available online:
1) New Syma 3 Channel S107 Mini Indoor Co-Axial Metal Body Frame & Built-in Gyroscope RC Remote Controlled Helicopter
The product is for children above 14 years. It comes well modeled and does not require you to assemble anything. It is equipped with the latest Gyroscope technology and comes with full 3 Channels : Up, Down, Left, Right, Forward and Backward.Its length is around 7.5 Inches and height around 3.8 inches. It is available in red and yellow colors.
2) T-REX 450 PRO Super Combo
This is the latest and most advanced version of Align Trex 450. The product comes with cyclic servos, tail servo, gyro, motor, speed controller and blades.
3) RC Advanced Apache Helicopter 3Ch Remote Control Ready To Fly - W/Light Effects
RC Advanced Apache Helicopter 3Ch Remote Control Ready To Fly - W/Light Effects has special light effects, which can be great fun to watch. Quite durable.
4) Blade 400 3D RTF Electric Mini Helicopter
The product is designed to provide an intermediate to advanced heli-pilots a ready-to-fly experience.It is completely factory built and flight tested and does not require any assembly. You just need to charge the battery and there your Blade 400D is ready to fly with 3D aerobatics.The product is equipped with Spektrum 2.4GHz DX6i radio system that avoids interference with other RC users.
5) Exceed RC 2.4Ghz MadHawk 300 4-Channel Radio Remote Control RC Helicopter RTF Fixed Pitch - 100% Ready-to-Fly w/ Lipo Battery
This product is also equipped with 2.4GHz radio frequency and comes in a Ready-To-Fly package with all the necessary items inside. Its length is around 460mm and is quite light weight and stable to fly.Flight time with fully recharged battery - 10-12 minutes(depending on the flight mode).