Protect Your RuneScape Account And Passwords: Free RuneScape Account Scams
RuneScape allows anyone to set upFree RuneScape Accounts and play their java based RPG so long as they are over 13. A 10 year old can easily sign up and say they are 13 so really, ANYONE can get free RuneScape Accounts. This is a good introduction to young people or those new to RPG wanting to get into a worldwide massive membership RPG (role playing game).
There is no end to this game. It's up to the user to decide what they want to do with it. For many, this means becoming as bad ass as possible by increasing experience and achieving high skill levels.
There is an economy to the RuneScape game. RS Gold is earned by completing various tasks, but it can take time. Many Runescape members are looking to buy rs gold and get large amounts of money with minimal or no work. They want to either find someone who will give them a free RuneScape account, or the want someone to give them tools, buy rs gold, etc. to make their exsisting RuneScape account better and their RS Gold accounts better.
Spot A RuneScape Scammer
Scammers can claim to be anyone they want to just to get your RS Gold. They scam attempt usually states that either they are tired of their account, or they are someone else and tired of the RuneScape player always using the account. It's lies and they will use any alias possible to get your information
- Jagex Moderator
- ex-girlfriend or current girl-girlfriend of RuneScape member
- Mother or Father of player
- RuneScape Player going off to college, or no time to play anymore, just feeling generous
The RuneScape Free Account Scam
There are many ways people will try and scam others on RuneScape. One in particular encourages RuneScape members to send specific info to a e-mail account.
It claims that if you send the following, you will be granted access to another account for free.
- your account name
- The name of an account your wish to hack or take over
- and your password
The scam usually involves a request for extra information such as
123214### %##% youraccountname %%43245$
123214### %##% accountnameyouwishaccessto %%43245$
123214### %##% yourpassword %%43245$
The point of this is to fool the person about to be hacked into believing that this randomness is required as some sort of code to get into the Runescape website and gain access to the information.
It's a pathetic attempt but many fall for it even despite the fact the email is usually something as lame as email@example.com
Protect Yourself From RuneScape Scams
- Never give out your RuneScape password online.
- Never say outloud your RuneScape password online
- Set up a bank pin and never share this with anyone. It takes a little more time to get into your stuff by having to enter a whopping 4 digits, but if someone does get your user name and password, they won't be getting your stuff
- Do not download RuneScape hacks or cheats from others in an attempt to get ahead quick. People hide other files in these. Such as key loggers or the runescape auto cutter. The runescape auto cutter program would seem like a good idea. It's not.
Free RuneScape Money Ads On Message Boards
It would seem simple to others to never give someone else your password to anything online. It's not this obvious for others. Regardless of age or Internet experience, RuneScape is a game for everyone, even those that are easily taken advantage of by not being aware of online scamming.
Players are being scammed by others with a alluring advertisement such as more RS Gold. On RuneScape message boards for players, people will claim they are longtime RuneScape players with huge amounts of RS Gold, tools, etc.. They have decided they are tired of playing RuneScape, and that they are going to give away the millions of free RS Gold.
Young kids and inexperience Internet users can easily fall for this free RS Gold scam. These "players" sound quite convincing. They are going off to college, their girlfriend won't let them play anymore, they are looking to do something different and want to spread goodwill. Most of us wouldn't by this for a second but people do fall for this.
Other RuneScape Scams
- Do not download programs that do your RuneScape work for you. These programs can contain harmful files such as key loggers. Key loggers can record your user name and password and anything else you type. This is another reason to have a bank pin.
- Be wary of links sent by other Runescape players and do not open any files sent.
- A website does not mean the owner is not a scammer. Be wary of doing any transactions with a third party RuneScape related website
- Do not say your password outloud if you are using a microphone headset with the game. One scam has players telling other players that you can't hear a players password if they say it outloud. They imply that somehow the game might block the word as a protection. This is ridiculous and doesn't happen. You say your password, everyone near you hears it, scammers race to try and liquidate your account.
- NOBODY at Jagex needs your password to fix something on your account. They can do it from their end without any confidential info from you. Ignore anyone saying that they are from Jagex and need your password to work on your account.
The generous player giving away free RS Gold asks for the other players name and password (They will also ask for your bank pin if you have one). Some specify that they only want to give away to regular players and not new members. They may claim they hate newbs. What they really want is players that have been doing this forever so that they can get the most from there account as possible.
To make it look like everyone else is already doing it, they will create other aliases with fake player names and passwords and post them on the message board as if they were responders.
This really does work and is quite profitable for the scammer. Instead of giving you free RS Gold, they go into your RuneScape account and clear out everything that they can take. Not just your RS Gold, but everything that you have in your RuneScape account.
For some, the thrill of the steal. For those with ill intentions its a great way for them to learn to love the thrill of scamming someone else. It's not hard to scam a kid or a grown adult who knows nothing about password security and what others can do to your accounts out of their RS Gold.
These scammers can sell and trade what they collect from those they scam and turn a real profit. Even on Ebay, RuneScape accounts, RS Gold, and other RuneScape items are sold for real cash.
This helpful handbook includes tips on how to master the free-version of this online adventure game. Includes detailed maps and information on all the characters and creatures contained in the medieval world of RuneScape.