Scavenger Hunts: Clues, Ideas, and Riddles to get you Started on a Treasure Hunt. Great Fun for the park or at home ...
Finding ways to have fun as a group can be hard. Whether it’s a family activity, an event for a club, or any group of people that you’re trying to plan activities for, it can get pretty hard to keep coming up with creative ideas. Especially with the economy forcing more families to opt for Stay-cations rather than Vacations, planning ways to keep it fun can be more and more difficult each day.
Well, Perhaps Scavenger Hunts are the solution to you dilemma! Scavenger hunt riddles will keep your group thinking while they go on an adventure through their homes, neighborhoods, or cities. Scavenger hunts can get pretty creative. Scavenger hunt clues can be either given out plainly, or you can use riddles. Depending on the crowd that the hunt is for, you might have some pretty great and unique scavenger hunt ideas of your own. In case you don’t, this article should provide you with some great ideas and scavenger hunt clues to get you started.
Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Museum Scavenger Hunt
- Take your family or group to a local art or history museum. Create the scavenger hunt clues in a way that guides the group through the various areas of the museum. Make it so that the participants have to use the clues to find the right historical figure or work of art, and then have them write down the name of that artwork or person. If you’re at a natural history museum, try having them identify different extinct animals and rock formation types. Remember, it’s against the rules to just use a search on your smart phones. Make sure that they can figure it out by reading the information in the museums. This particular scavenger hunt idea can be really educational.
- Take your group to a local park. Before the event, do a little research on the local plants that grow in that park and what they look like. Make sure no one in the group is allergic, and send them into the park with either photos or descriptions of each plant. Have each team bring back a leaf or photo of each plant. This is also a fairly educational scavenger hunt idea; unfortunately it can be dependent on weather.
In Home Clue for Clue hunt
- This one is really great for parties or Staycations. Instead of giving out the entire scavenger hunt clues at once. Have the next clue hidden wherever the last one leads them. If you have a big yard, you can hide clues all throughout your home and property. Let there be a special gift or surprise waiting for them at the end. If this is a hunt for your family, have the hunt lead them all into the family car where you can be waiting to take them to their favorite restaurant, or to see a movie. This is also a cute idea of wedding proposals, or giving special gifts to loved ones. They’ll appreciate the effort you put into to it more than they’ll dislike having to work for it.
Hopefully you can find these ideas useful. Of course, you can make the scavenger hunt riddles as easy, hard or even non-existent, as you like. Make the hunt your own unique adventure. The ease with which a scavenger hunt can be made new and unique helps keep them entertaining no matter how often you have them.
- Photo Scavenger Hunts
Get your Easter scavenger hunt clues today! Also check out our suggestions page for many great twists to make your event amazing ...
If you would like to join us on Hubpages, learn lots of new things, and also make some money whilst writing about what you like, click here to sign up today … who knows, it may turn into your main income and passion!
© Copyright 2012. Brett.Tesol - Full terms available on Brett.Tesol's profile page (click the blue link for profile, failure to read the Copyright Contract could be expensive. The act of copying this work means that you accept the full terms of the contract, regardless of whether or not you have read it).
Scavenger Hunt Ideas
- Scavenger Hunts: Clues, Ideas, and Riddles to get you Started
Finding ways to have fun as a group can be hard. Whether it’s a family activity, an event for a club, or any group of people that you’re trying to plan activities for, it can get pretty hard to keep coming up with creative ideas. Especially with...
- Photo Scavenger Hunts: The Possibilities are Endless!
Photo scavenger hunts are the modern twist on the old game of scavenger hunting. The old ways can be fun too, but work in this modern twist, with a few of the traditional challenges and you'll have a blast!
- Planning a Large Outdoor Scavenger Hunt
Planning an outdoor scavenger hunt can be quite a challenge. However, that doesn't mean that you can't have fun while planning too!
- Scavenger (Treasure) Hunt Ideas for Adults
Adults like to have fun too!! So why not organize a hunt with these treasure hunt ideas for adults. A treasure hunt for adults makes a great activity for friends and colleagues. The challenge is coming up with scavenger hunt clues and ideas to make your scavenger hunt different from the rest.
- Pirate Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Pirates have always been a firm favourite for children, and the recent Pirates of the Caribbean movies has certainly increased the popularity even further. Therefore, why not play with this interest the next time that your children are bored?...
- Photo/Picture Scavenger Hunt Lists and Some Ideas
All about Photo Scavenger Hunts and how they can turn a normal day into an adventure. This series will cover ways of setting up hunt, tips to playing and a few new ideas to increase excitement levels.
- Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt Clues and Ideas
Make this Easter exciting with a riddle filled Easter scavenger hunt. These are fun and exciting for all ages. Scavenger hunts also help make the entire day fun!
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt (not just for for Kids) - Plan a Hauntingly Good Game!
Halloween is a great time to get creative. Halloween scavenger hunt clues can help to increase this, leading children on a Halloween quest. However, there are some things that you need to consider when creating a Halloween scavenger hunt for kids...