Skyrim | How to Level Up Your Skills Quickly
One of the most important keys to leveling up your skills quickly in Skyrim is to find or make lots of magicka restoring gear. This is to complement certain spells that you can cast repeatedly, leveling up those spells as well as your overall level.
To make magicka restoring gear, you have to disenchant an item that has that ability. Then, you have to find soul gems (the higher the quality of the gem, the more effective it’ll be). Afterwards, you use the spell Soul Trap to fill up the gems, and then you just enchant your gear.
On to the leveling strategies...
- Muffle and Courage can level up your Illusion very rapidly. These spells can be cast anywhere, so you can just stand in a safe place and repeatedly cast them. Also, if you’re walking somewhere, and you don’t have anything to fight/do, cast these spells to up your Illusion.
- To level up your Alteration, get the spells Water Breathing, Detect Life, and Telekinesis. Water Breathing can be used repeatedly if you’re in water; just be careful not to drown. Detect Life is a spell that shows you NPC’s and other forms of life; it gives you more EXP based on amount of life that’s detected. Therefore, casting this spell in places like Windhelm and Riften are the most efficient ways to level up. Telekinesis gives you tons of Alteration EXP purely for lifting up items with the spell.
- Level up your Conjuration level by simply casting the spell Soul Trap on dead bodies.
- The easiest way to level up Restoration is to take constant damage while continuously holding a healing spell (like, well… Healing). The best way to do this: standing in a forge. Just find any forge (or any other place you can take continuous damage without dying too quickly), and level up!
- You can also level up Restoration, as well as Light and Heavy Armor by tanking enemies. Heal yourself, making sure not to die, and the damage will give you a lot of EXP for the armor skills.
- Always be on the lookout in shops for six main things: ores, ingots, leather, leather strips, cheap jewelry, and cheap soul gems. Transmute the ores for lots of Alteration EXP. Enchant the cheap jewelry with the cheap soul gems for good Enchanting EXP (you get the same amount of experience for enchanting low level items as high level items). For Smithing experience, use the rest of the “ingredients” to make low leveled armor and weapons, like Leather Bracers and Iron Daggers.
- Level up your combat skills such as One Handed Weapons and Destruction by continuously attacking Shadowmere, a horse whom you can get from doing Dark Brotherhood quests. To make sure he doesn't die, set your difficulty to "Master", and he will regenerate HP much quicker.