Solitaire Blitz - Facebook Game by Popcap - Tips & Tricks - Hints and bonus
If you love solitaire games, one you are certain to enjoy is Solitaire Blitz. This is produced by Popcap games, the same company that made the ever popular Facebook games Bejeweled Blitz and Zuma Blitz. Solitaire Blitz works in much the same way. You compete each week against your other friends that have the game installed, trying to climb your way to the top of the scoreboard.
The game play is deceptively simple. You have to place the cards in descending or ascending order on the piles at the top of the screen. For example, you could play a 7 on either a 6 or an 8. You score points based on how quickly you can do this and also for creating combos, which is done by playing cards in order without having to stop and “draw.” You can play a joker on any stack and then play any card on the joker. Using those correctly is the secret to getting super high scores.
There are several other ways you can get extra bonus points. These include the up-down bonus, which you get for going back and forth with the same cards and there is another bonus for going completely through the 13 cards without breaking. These little bonuses add up.
At the end of a round, you also get points for having time left on the clock and for cards from the stock pile that you have not used.
However, the best way to boost your score is by adding “boosts.” These are purchased with the in-game currency you earn at the end of the round. Each week a different selection is available for use in the game. You can choose up to three of them each round, as long as you have enough currency to afford them. The available boosts are:
- Bonus Fish – Gives you a x2 multiplier to start
- Depth Charge – Plants two bombs in your stacks that explode 4 cards
- Extra Cards – Adds 13 extra cards with a joker.
- Extra Time – Adds 30 seconds to the clock
- Extra Jokers – Adds 2 Jokers to the deck
- Key Magnet – Puts both key cards at the top of the deck
- Mine – Clears a full row of cards.
- Run Finder – Helps you find runs of cards that are stacked on top of one another
- Spyglass – Highlights the draw pile when there are no plays available.
- Starrgh-Fish – Plays a perfect run of cards for you
- Starting Joker – You'll start the game with a joker.
There may be other boosts added as time goes by, we'll try to update as they are added.
As you play the game you will uncover fish that add a multiplier to your score. Not only will that multiply your game, but as you find them, you will also unlock special decks that make your game more exciting.
As you can see, Solitaire Blitz is a fun and exciting game with many features that make it more fun than your average solitaire game. Follow these Solitaire Blitz tips and learn to play the game your very best.