- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Your Ultimate Guide to Sorority Life
Every Little Thing You Need To Know To Play
Sorority Life is an application on myspace that is very similar to Mobsters, OutWorld, and Heroes. This game has a lot of female players but there are a few male players as well. This game app is also available on facebook.
Sorority Life Poll
How do you like the game?
You've found the app and added it to your profile. Now what?
Okay, I need you to pay close attention to what I need you to know. This section has moved! This section, game basics, FAQs, useful information, Jobs information, Achievement guide, and reader support for newbies has moved to: www.squidoo.com/startingsororitylife
I moved it because it's getting crowded in here. Don't forget to bookmark and share with your friends :)
Need Ideas For A Date?
Your Ultimate Guide To Sorority Life
Here are some ways to play the game and give you an edge.
Welcome to the Ultimate Guide to the Universe of SL!!! Whether you're looking to be a terrifying attacker or looking for all the ways to get ALL the outfits available on Sorority Life, you have come to the right place.
First things first, know what you want to be (a fierce attacker or a fashionista)
Here are some basic rules:
1. Get as many sisters as you can in your house. This helps you in two ways: when attacking and when being attacked. For each and every level, you fight with 5 sisters. With that said, if you're level 5 (That's level 5 x 5 sisters = 25 sisters), you can arm 25 sisters with one outfit, one accessory, one ride, and one boyfriend EACH. This will all help with your fight and helps you lose less confidence, deal damage when you're attacking or take less damage if being attacked, and more importantly, winning the fights. This is probably one of the biggest annoyance of the game as we don't have 500 friends who want to play sorority life. So it's either you add strangers who play or nag your friends to play (or pay to have 1 sister, which I do not recommend). Also, having SL sisters will help with getting items that are only available as gifts. Some of the gifts are required for quests and only other players can send you the item.
2. Get your sisters geared up for fights, especially if you're trying to be a ferocious attacker. If you're attacking, arm your sisters with the highest charmed items. If you're not attacking, defend yourself with high popularity items. I would suggest to always upgrade and arm each of your sisters. If you're not making enough money, you need to fight more to get it or do more events (and again, pay for it, which is a no-no unless you're stinking rich).
3. If you're attacking, watch your stats! Strictly put points only in your Charms as this increases your damage deal. This and having all your sisters armed with high Charm items will almost always have you as the winner in every fight and you can easily depress or put someone in the spa in 4 to 5 fights especially if they have less sisters or don't have them geared up. Some serious fighters don't even do any events. Why? Because they level slower and it gives them a chance to earn money for expensive high charm items and to go against other players who are unprepared and have brought fists to a gun fight.
4. If you're a fashionista, it would be easier for you to get what you want and also be a decent fighter. You can put some points in to energy to reasonably do all the events without a problem. And with enough sisters playing with you, you should have 25 mochaccinos every day which greatly helps with Social Events and for the true fashionista, you might not care all that much about the fights or being sent to the spa (just make sure you bank your money often to avoid being constantly harassed and robbed). Make sure to get all the Mastery Rewards Glam and also do the externship/traveling abroad to get all the items that are only available for a few months.
5. Take advantage of the system. You can make 10 characters and gain brownie points that will stack up. Harvest free brownie points by using all 9 characters to get the brownie points and make 1 character to finally use all the brownie points in. What's the point of having 10 characters and spending brownie points for all of them? Just have one main character while only using the others to sustain the main character. It's a lot of work and will take a lot of time. But are you really willing to spend $20+ a month? It's your call.
6. Before you do any online shopping, go to House Mom's page and click on the lower right corner where it says "Earn brownie points" and look if there's anything you could do or buy. I'd suggest to not do the surveys because they're just "bs" and a waste of time. If you find something you were going to do anyway, for example, you finally have seen the light and have heard of Netflix and you're willing to make the jump from Red Box to Netflix, just go to the House Mom and "Earn brownie points", sign yourself up at Netflix and oi la! You have brownie points and you get something you wanted anyway. It changes from time to time but they have Cosmopolitan subscription so if you're one of those awkward people who are too shy to buy a copy at the grocery, sign yourself up for a subscription. Besides, it's cheaper to get a subscription than to get it at all the other places.
7. Take advantage of your sweetheart (No, not that way! Bad girl!). You can partner up with someone you trust and steal the boyfriend from each other. Of course, only one will have him at a time. Why do this? Every time a boyfriend gets stolen, he levels up. Also, if you have multiple accounts, they share only one sweetheart so this is a good bonus for your low level characters who can borrow a high level sweetheart from your other accounts. If you have no one you can trust your sweetheart to, just get a boyfriend that can't be stolen. Unfortunately, these are bought with BP or only won at events so you're gonna have to play the game consistently or pay for the BP only boyfriends.
8. If you really want to know about games like Sorority Life and Mafia Wars, check this blog out:
It talks about how they are using you to get money. There's nothing wrong with that because we all need money. But if you hate yourself for paying for a virtual outfit then you need to watch the video and see how they've gotten into your head. It talks about how they hook you in this game and have you play this game over and over and at times even pay for something. Have you all seen those crazy decked out characters who probably spent a fortune? It's sad but it's even sadder because these people got so hooked that they're dumping their wallets empty.
9. There's another way to play this game and that's just to completely forget about the competition this game obviously has. That means, don't get bothered by the fights whether or not you win them. If you win, good for you. If you lose, oh well. Just play the game for a virtual grown up barbie and just put all your points into energy so you can get all the events done (and mastery glam rewards). Just play it as if it's not a sick competition or a virtual cat fight. You're less stressed and you still get to dress your virtual imaginary self however you want. Just remember to bank your money every chance you get so you don't turn into a pretty piggy bank for the blood hungry fighters of SL.
Cool Finds To Add To Your Collection
What do you think when someone fights or slaps you more than once? Twice? Three times? Maybe even so many times that you end up in the spa. Again. And again.
And More Cool Finds
Social events has moved! Click me to go to the Social Events guide!
The Social Events guide will help you manage your mastery rewards glam and getting cheaper accessories with good popularity or charm at certain levels. Make sure you visit it, especially for events that give out mystery prizes.
This page was getting too big and some things needed to be moved.
Upgrade Your Wardrobe!
Accessories, Outfits, and Rides!
The accessories, outfits, and rides section has moved!
This guide also contains all the mastery rewards glam so make sure to visit this guide!
Please click here to see the new (and soon-to-be-updated page): www.squidoo.com/sorority-life-accessories-outfits-and-rides
Make sure to check out the links below to find out where to get help about Sorority Life and where to get more sisters to add to your house!
Also, don't forget to rate 5 stars and sign the guestbook! =)
Sorority Life on the Web
Here are helpful links that will help you with anything Sorority Life.
- The Official Sorority Life Forums
You can find tons of hints and tricks here, helpful information, and most of all, you can find a lot of sisters to add to your house.
- Starting Sorority Life
For new players or for people with basic questions and for Jobs and Achievements guide.
- The Ultimate Social Events Guide
Everything about social events that you need and want to know.
- Wondering How To Get A Specific Outfit or Accessory or Ride?
Here's your guide to where you can get outfits, accessories, rides, and mastery rewards glam!
- Mastery Rewards Glam
When and where you can get outfits and accessories only available after mastering events.
- Sorority Life Myspace Application
If you haven't added the application to your myspace yet, here is the link.
All the pretty things....
Pop Ups and Ads - Jeeze, will you freaking let me play for two minutes without interrupting???
Are you flipping tired of the constant bombardment of ads and pop ups? Does it feel like 1998 when you had a billion pop ups every time you click on something on the web? Yes? Then tell those people who got you addicted to this game to ease on the pop ups so your blood pressure doesn't baffle your doctor. Otherwise, if you're not all that riled up over it then maybe you can tell the rest of us what your secret is. As far as I know, patience is the only thing effective way to manage it. And possibly, a sense of lame humor. Am I right? ;)
Are you a big fan of the ads and pop up ads that have been plaguing Sorority Life?
If you didn't find what you were looking for in the guides, please let us know.