- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Online Video Games»
- Multiplayer Online Games
The Elder Scrolls Online Walkthrough - Eidolon's Hollow: Into the Mouth of Madness, Motive for Heresy
Magistrex Vox has been driven into a corner. You've pursued her across all of Deshaan, and soon her Maulborn will be no more - assuming, of course, you can beat the all-powerful mage. First, though, you'll have to infiltrate Vox's final hidey-hole and wallop some of her strongest minions...
Location: Shrine of Saint Veloth
NPC: Acolyte Eldri
Reward: 49 gold
- To trigger this quest you must first complete A Saint Asunder. Once you do, Acolyte Eldri will pop into noteworthy existence near the dais where Saint Veloth floats.
- One of Eldri's buds has vanished while visiting nearby Eidolon's Hollow. She asks you to deliver a Sack of Dremora Hearts to him. Simple enough. And disgusting!
- Follow the eastbound path out of the Shrine of Saint Veloth. It winds over to Eidolon's Hollow in short order. Healer Dalen, your target, is sitting in the midst of a small camp in the area. Speak to him for your reward.
Upon arrival in Eidolon's Hollow you'll find several potential quests waiting for you. In this article we'll have a look at the most important of the lot.
Into the Mouth of Madness
Location: Eidolon's Hollow
NPC: Ordinator Muron
Reward: 200 gold
- Muron is waiting for you scant feet away from Dalen, near the campfire. Finish up the previous quest, then speak to him. He'll summon Almalexia to speak to you; investigate the fire pit to speak with her and learn the particulars of your task.
- Speak to Muron again once Almalexia vanishes. He points out that there are three strange lights in the ruins ahead - and they may indicate the points of the wardstones protecting Magistrex Vox from harm. Worth a try.
- Climb the hill to the north of the camp to find the ruins. At the top of the first set of stairs, after fighting off some of Vox's lackeys, you'll find a split in the path. Take a left to start and follow the winding path up the hill. You'll see three sets of ruins. The wardstone you're looking to destroy is upon the first large platform to your right. Depending on when you get here you may have to fight a large demon to destroy the crystal, though it's not too difficult a fight.
- Return to the split in the path halfway down the ruins and take the right path. A ways down the trail you'll hit another split. Climb the hill on your right and you'll wind up beside another of the wardstone platforms. Fight off the demon guarding it if there is one and bust it up.
- Drop back down to the bottom of the hill. The final wardstone is to the southeast along the main path, in one of the right set of ruins. This one is guarded by a Maulborn general and his healer. Ignore the general and wipe out the healer as quickly as you can. Otherwise you'll face an endless battle you can't possibly win unless you're at an overwhelmingly high level.
- Once all three wardstones are gone, pick your way to the northwest corner of the area. Set flush into a rock wall you'll find the door to Vox's Cave. Enter.
- You'll find an NPC spirit named Aspera the Forgotten at the bottom of the first hill. Speak to her to complete the quest and trigger a new one.
Motive for Heresy
Location: Vox's Cave, Eidolon Hollow
NPC: Aspera the Forgotten
Reward: 250 gold
- Aspera will chatter on about Vox's terrible intentions, then suggest you peek back into the villain's past to see why she is the way she is. To do this you'll have to access Anima Archives in Vox's Cave.
- Fight your way through the cave to the first split in the path. Take a left to the Western Anima Chamber, hunting down the various bookshelves along the way. Interact with the Anima Crystal on the podium and watch history unfold.
- Return to the split after you're back in the real world. Continue straight ahead down the passage to find another Anima Crystal. Watch its contents as well.
- Take the northern passage out of this room, then take your first left in the next corridor. You'll wind up in a huge room. Fight your way to the central platform to find the final Anima Crystal.
- Once you're back in the central room, head north to the joined sets of stairs and speak to Aspera again. She'll end the quest for you - as well as provide the grisly details of the next quest in the line, The Judgment of Veloth.