- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Online Video Games»
- Multiplayer Online Games
The Elder Scrolls Online Walkthrough - Fighters Guild: The Dangerous Past
The Daedra have been driven back for the moment, and the Fighters Guild is whole yet again. But a haze still lingers over the actions of Doshia. What was she up to? What did she want? Her journal no doubt holds some of the answers - and it will probably send you to places that are best left untouched by mortal hands. (But, hey, when has that ever stopped anyone in Tamriel?)
The Dangerous Past
Location: Any city, Mournhold
NPC: Bera Moorsmith
Reward: Dwemerdark Signet, 336 gold
- To trigger this quest you must first complete Anchors from the Harbour. Do so and enter any city. Bera Moorsmith will, eventually, come find you. Approaching the local Fighters Guild seems to help draw her out.
- Bera says that guildmaster Sees-all-Colors has need of your sword arm yet again. She'll direct you to the Fighters Guild hall in Mournhold. This is a ways away from Davon's Watch, if this is where you're launching from the quest. You'll find it in Deshaan.
- The Fighters Guild is in the south of Mournhold. Enter the building and climb to the second floor to find Sees-all-Colors. She'll tell you of Doshia's journal, recovered in the previous quest, and the translation thereof. It points to a Dwarven ruin called Mzeneldt. Agree to follow her and she'll pop the both of you straight to the dungeon.
- Speak to Sees-all-Colors upon entering the dungeon, then head inside. You'll see purplish phantoms ahead that will pop up occasionally as you make your way through Mzeneldt. You can, for the most part, ignore these guys. Fight through Dwarven Spiders and Spheres while looking for a huge door. Sees-all-Colors will help you a little, but she's not fantastically helpful. Dwarves like their books, so keep your eyes open for bookshelves while you explore.
- You'll find a book on your left when you enter the next cavernous room. Have a look at Curano's Journal for some details on your current quest. Fight through this room and pop into the next passage to find another book, Lanath's Journal, that's worth reading.
- Eventually you'll come across the spirits grieving over one of their own. Watch the little scene through to its conclusion, then check Valasha's Journal on the ground beside the skeleton. Talk to Sees-all-Colors after you're done, then keep going.
- After watching a scene of the phantoms fighting Dwarven Spiders you'll be in a large room with several passageways blocked by red light. Read Endarre's Log in the middle of the room, then trash the constructs in the room. Each carries a Dwarven Crystal. Collect enough that you can install a crystal in each of the room's Crystal Stands. You'll open up the western and southern hallways; west and north is the way to go.
- You'll know you've reached the final room when you see an encounter between the last purple phantom and a big robot - as well as a loooooot of bookcases. Poke into each of the shelves to gather their knowledge, then approach th chest in the middle of the room. Read Ostrand's Diary beside the chest, then, if you're ready to fight, check the chest itself. There's a Dwarven Centurion that will come at you once you pop opent eh chest and extract the Ayleid Tome. The Centurion looks bossish, but it's really not that bad so long as you avoid its AOE attacks. Back off if you find yourself in trouble and let it engage Sees-all-Colors instead.
- Speak to Sees-all-Colors after the battle. She'll pop open a new portal and usher you in. People going through, speak to the phantasm of Jofnir Iceblade that appears. Oooo, sketchy.
- You'll appear back in Mournhold after going through the portal. Speak to Merric, who should be standing right beside you, to wrap up the quest and collect your reward. After you've done so you can find Bera Moorsmith outside the guild, and she'll spark a new quest for you, The Prismatic Core, in Stormhold. Time to do some more walkin'.