- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Toys for Kids
The RiverRun Raft - Float The Day Away
My River Run II Raft Ready For Business!
The Intex River Run II Raft - A Perfect Intertube For The Two Of You
While visiting New Hampshire this year, I was camping on a beautiful lake but, alas, had no way to really enjoy it besides sitting on the short. I set out to fix that by purchasing the Intex River Run II Raft on Amazon.com. With my Amazon Prime membership, I had my new double raft delivered to my campsite the very next day.
I was immediately in love with this large float tube - as was my love, John. We inflated the raft with a , filled the cooler in the middle with some ice and a few beers and headed down to the lake for a day of floating in the sun. Coleman Rechargeable Quick Pump
Note: you'll need a powerful air pump to fill this large double float tube for two as it's quite large - it's around 16 feet from end to end!
The River Raft II is a very sturdy raft which is just perfect for kids. It's tough exterior means that it won't pop easily - at least, that's my experience with this particular double raft. In fact, our next trip in the River Run is, well, to run a river in it!
John Enjoying His Side Of The Raft
I'm Not The Only One Who Loves This Inflatable Raft
Before I buy anything on Amazon.com, I make sure to check the reviews. And, the reviewers love the Intex River Run II Inflatable Tubes. Here's what they have to say:
- Although this raft is really meant to hold 2 people, one reviewer had 4 people and a 12 pack of beer on the thing. Now, I personally wouldn't have done that but this raft is sturdy enough to evidently float a crowd!
- Even in waves, the River Raft is stable enough to not tip over.
- The cooler is fairly large although I found it more of an interesting feature instead of being a really super functional cooler. It did keep our beer cool for about 4 hours though. The raft cooler also has a nice plug in the bottom so it's easy to drain the melted ice out of the raft before stowing the thing.
I Suggest A Strong Pump To Inflate This Raft
The River Raft II is a BIG raft and takes FOREVER to fill with a small pump. This is the Coleman Quick Air Pump I used to fill the raft. It took about 4 minutes from totally flat to totally full.
And The Cons From Reviewers
Not all reviewers loved this inflatable double raft like I did. Here's a summary of the comments from those who didn't quite like it as much:
- A few reviewers not that the River Run II raft is not of the same quality as past products from the same company. A few reviewers note that the seams split pretty soon after purchase. On the good side, the company refunded their money with no problem.
- One reviewer said that mildew grows on the raft if left outside for a long period of time. No offense meant but anything will mildew if left outside for a while....
- The cooler is not exactly as expected as it's inflatable and only has a velcro top to close it. I'd have to say that I'm with this reviewer. I would have much preferred a better quality cooler in the raft - one with a zipper top