- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
There Is No Game Guide & Walkthrough
There Is No Game Guide Introduction
There Is No Game is a really unique twist on a classic puzzle game.
It was created by Kamizoto in 2015 on the Construct 2 game development platform. Originally, There Is No Game was entered into a competition call Deception Jam hosted by Scirra. It placed first in the competition due to its originality and twist on the tradition puzzle game mixed with some excellent humour and overall narrative.
The narration and clear personality of the developer that has been designed in throughout There Is No Game add a really fascinating and unique experience that is very different. This has been a common theme in games developed by Kamizoto, for more information on the developer please read further down the article.
The game can be played on many different websites but a link has been provided below if you would like to experience this game for yourself. As of 2015, this game has been made available on the Play Store and has had over 3 million downloads.
This article provides a walk through guide and tutorial for There Is No Game to make sure that you can 100% beat the game to experience it in its fullest!
There Is No Game link
- There is No Game - Free online games at Agame.com
There is No Game, This is just a video game...or is it? You can find out the answer to this question but you might be better off reading a book instead. Whatever you do, don’t click on the title!
There Is No Game Guide Walkthrough
Below is the quick walkthrough guide for There Is No Game:
- Click the "O" from "No" in the title 10 times to shake it loose
- Drag and release the "O" from step 1, 10 times to bring the mute button onto the screen
- Click on the mute button, from step 2, twice
- Click on the mute button as it darts around the screen, once
- Drag and release the "O" onto the wooden protection of the mute button to destroy it
- Drag and release the metal box to shake the rest of the title loose and reveal two screws
- Undo the two screws by clicking and holding on each of them
- Drag and release the letters to finish the title and spell the word "GAME"
- Play the breakout mini game, using the mouse to drag and release the platform
- Once the ball is destroyed by the narrator, drag and release the ball from the left into play
- Continue to play, glitches will spawn but carry on until all bricks are destroyed
- Click and hold the trophy over the right hand side of the screen
- Click and release the letters until they spell "GOAT" on the screen
- Click on the arrow on the right of the screen to move onto the next scene
- Click on the arrow the left to go back to the title scene
- Click and release the letters until they spell "TREE", after seeing the key fly above the screen
- Once the tree spawns, click on hold the trophy and move to the right scene again (where the goat is)
- Click and hold the trophy under the waterfall to fill it with water
- Without dropping the trophy, click and hold it and move over the left side of the screen to head to the title scene again
- Release the trophy full of water over the tree to make it grow
- Repeat filling the trophy with water and dropping it on the tree 2 more times
- Click on the arrow at the top of the screen to move to the top scene
- Click on the brown nuts on the right of the tree (just sticking out) ten times
- Once the nuts have fallen, click and release the metal box onto the nut to crack it
- Click and hold the nut at the top of the screen to move to the top scene
- Click and hold the nut over the squirrel in order to feed it, it will release the key
- Click on the arrow at the bottom of the screen to return to the title scene
- Click and hold the key over the right side of the screen to return to the goat scene
- Click and hold the key over the goat to free the goat
- Continue through the narrative and click "yes" or "no" to end the game
- Congratulations, you have completed There Is No Game
There Is No Game Trivia
There are a couple of interesting cool references in There Is No Game:
- There are many references to Goats in the game and these are references to the wildfire popularity of Goat Simulator at the time of creation
- The classic game Break Out is used as a mini sub game within There Is No Game
- There is a reference to the series "Heroes" in which the narrator says "save the goat; save the world" which is a direct reference to the famous quote "save the cheerleader; save the world"
- There is a Star Wars reference within the credits: "these are not the droids you are looking for"
- The narrators references the Portal puzzle games when he says "the goat was a lie", this is from the famous internet quote "the cake was a lie"
There Is No Game Guide Summary
That just about sums up this There Is No Game guide. Following the steps above means that you should by now have completed the game. I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did on my first play through. Please leave a comment below to let me know your thoughts on the game or if I have missed anything that you think would be worth adding to help others play through this little game.
For those that are still stuck, there is a video play through posted in the guide below to help you if you're struggling. Just follow along with it and you should get there.
I hope that you have found this useful and best of luck!
This game was developed by a user that calls himself Kamizoto. His is an indie game developer that is known for developing games on Construct 2. He is indie game developer working out of France with experience working for game development organisations such as Phoenix and Okugi.
He is personally known for developing the games Medusa and There Is No Game.
Medusa, wrath of the queen, was winner of the Construct2 Jam in April 2015. It is a classic style 2D platformer where the player controls Medusa and must defend her lair from Greek soldiers. It is very much an arcade style game and it is easy to see where the old 2D platform games have influenced the developer. You can still see the signs of the creators humour and personalised narration of the game too, much like There Is No Game.
A link has been provided below if you would like to check it out.
Creator - Currently In Development
There are two main games that look to be currently in development.
Firstly is a sequel to There Is No Game, called There Is No Game; Wrong Dimension. More recently the developer, Kamizoto, has been releasing teasers including hints of play testing on the much awaited sequel. Indicating that it could be near release.
CoinOp Story is another game that only ever reached alpha state and is still in development by Kamizoto. From teasers released it looks like another classic 2D platformer very much in the arcade style with plenty of authentic humour and original concepts.
© 2017 Kristian Howe