- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
The most common Call of Duty playing mistakes
From doing many hours research of the Call of Duty game series and observing other people game play I noticed certain traps that the majority of gamers fall into. The winners of matches only win by taking advantage of other people errors and mistakes. There will be certain times when particular players win so quickly and easily, you will probably think they are cheating. Do not be mad at the winner, be mad at the guys who had 20-30 deaths and only around 5-10 kills. That high death count means somebody is gaining and the game will end quickly. The high death count players are more than likely to be the ones falling into the traps. The later series have full game replay cameras so you can review what everyone is doing or where they are hiding. Checking this cameras make it clear to see where YOUR mistakes are, not where the cheaters are.
The 5 big No No's
- Running from a re-spawn point - If players face a re-spawn point, no body will re-spawn from that spot, this is how the games engine work.Many players of aware of this so they hide round a corner and get ready to shoot players who run from re-spawn point, most people tend to run in the same direction.
- Expose yourself in windows of high sniping places - This is a no-brainer but I am surprised at how many people constantly do it. Even stationary peeking is no good, good players can spot you easily. The best thing to do is to stand a few meters back and into the darkness, especially when in a room, your character will appear to be in the shade and a much harder target.
- Follow the red dots - If you do this, you're more likely to be killed before you even find anybody. Action zones are important but you don't have to be in them, just get a view of them. Let others run to the red dots, you just clean up after wards.
- Get revenge on a camper - This tends to be a waste of time, don't risk further deaths by trying to get one boring camper, they probably won't win the match anyway The effort is not worth just a single kill. Just continue with the game as normal avoiding being shot from that area.
- Re-Loading after a kill - An automatic action for a lot of people. In an action zone you're very likely to get killed during re-loading for switching weapons (faster). Wait until everything is 100% clear before reloading.
- How to win free for all in Black Ops
The Modern Warfare series are amongst the most popular online games. As much as it is enjoyable, most people can agree with me that it can be very frustrating when you're losing badly. I bet you often wonder...