- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Ventrilo sound delay (lag) problem in Windows 7
Problem with Ventrilo happens sometimes when playing games. Everything works fine at first but after few minutes user might stop hearing other users and experience delay of speech over Ventrillo.
How to fix delay in Ventrilo
- Go to Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete and selecting Start Task Manager
- Go to Processes tab and find button Show Processes from all users and click it.
- You will now see processes from all users, and even though this don’t make any difference if you are the only users, doing it will make you administrator.
- Find Ventrilo process and right click it. In menu Set priority select Realtime. If it asks you to save the priority option confirm it with Yes.
Nice headsets to use with Ventrilo
What is Ventrilo
Ventrilo is free voice chat software. It's very popular because of good sound quality and low CPU resources usage. To be able to use it you need Ventrilo client, phones and microphone. Users can connect to servers, which are two types: private and public. Public are often crowded, so most people use private servers, they can set themselves up.
Ventrilo is widely used in gaming communities as a means of communication and coordination when playing games, but it also have other uses, from simple voice chat with friends to conference calls for company coordintaion.
Did this solution help you get rid of Ventrilo sound delay?
Where to get Ventrilo
You can get Ventrilo client from the official Ventrilo website.