M. T. Dremer profile image 89

Did you play the first Guild Wars?

Guild Wars was one of the first free-to-play MMOs on the market and, according to IGN, was the only game to ever hold a candle to the inferno that was/is World of Warcraft. With Guild Wars 2 making bold claims of changing how we play MMOs, I can't help but wonder who played the original Guild Wars. I did, but I was a casual player and I never had any family or friends who owned the game. I see lots of other players when I'm in a city, but who are all these people? Are you one of them? If so, what is your assessment of the game now that it's reaching the end of its life cycle?

Keith Engel profile image85

Keith Engel says

JohnGreasyGamer profile image89

John Roberts (JohnGreasyGamer) says

• M. T. Dremer profile image

M. T. Dremer 4 years ago

If I'm not mistaken, the overworld was, actually, instanced in the first Guild Wars. I think that's how they got around the subscription fee; the only parts that were truly online were the cities. Then the outside world was instanced for your group.

AM Hanson profile image80

Adam M. Hanson (AM Hanson) says

Ironman1992 profile image61

Ironman1992 says

zEric7x says

xisniel says