buckey777 profile image 70

Is Blizzard changing the industry's stance on ownership of intangible objects?

With the new Real Money auction house to be released in Diablo 3 will this change the gaming industries stance on ownership of characters and items? Is this not also a violation of Paypal's Terms of Service which states that you cannot sell items that are not intangible?

• buckey777 profile image

Thomas Mitchell (buckey777) 5 years ago

I currently have the Diablo 3 beta and one of the options currently on their real money auction house is to buy and sell gold with cash. This doesn't exactly combat gold sellers it actually seems to support them. It just seems to be a way for Blizzar

SOE profile image91

SOE says

Khal Blogo profile image60

Khal Blogo says

• buckey777 profile image

Thomas Mitchell (buckey777) 5 years ago

No I have not, its something I will have to look up. Thanks!

eternalsandwyrm profile image60

eternalsandwyrm says

• buckey777 profile image

Thomas Mitchell (buckey777) 5 years ago

Well with it connected to Paypal they require all that information and send out W2's so its not a matter of requiring tax information by Blizzard. I'm sure many gamers will however consider it a job. I can see it now when you apply for another job an