Cantuhearmescream profile image 81

Which is better the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3? (For my son's birthday who is turning 12)

My son hasn't had his gaming console updated in a few years and I agree that it is finally time. I want to know which is more kid friendly, which has a better variety of games and which is more affordable, including games?

Richard Craig profile image67

Best Answer Richard Craig says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Richard Craig,

Thanks. As someone who is really stabbing at the dark I can appreciate a confident answer. I guess I’m in the dark when it comes to these systems’ capabilities. The PayPal factor is definitely convenient. Also, I love the idea of the

BraidedZero profile image92

James Robertson (BraidedZero) says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Braided Zero,

Ha...you're hilarious. Thanks for the laugh and the input. I'm pretty laid back mom, I bend the rules for video games because I know they come like that. He already plays games that shoot to kill and swear, so I guess I just gotta pick

Bundu profile image91

Bundu says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Bundu,

Thanks, well you are the first person to have a very game-specific preference. I hadn’t even put thought into service issues. Point also well taken about the blu-ray player and movie rentals. One of my fears or frustrations about gaming devi

cfin profile image82

cfin says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Cfin,

Thanks. I do like all of the features the PS3 has to offer. You are the second person to suggest what he wants and his friends have is important, which kind of sticks but I guess is true. I would’ve loved to surprise him with a new system but

CZCZCZ profile image86

CZCZCZ says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

CZCZCZ,

No additional monthly fees is definitely appealing, I also like that is also serves as a blu-ray DVD player. Yet, my son has an Xbox and he may be partial to the Xbox and I believe his Xbox games will play in the Xbox 360. You are right th

neco555 profile image89

Morgan Sheridan (neco555) says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

neco555,

Yes, thank you that does help. You gave a lot to think about and I actually took notes!

Winterfate profile image98

Darrin Perez (Winterfate) says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Thank you for the input Winterfate. I want to get a console that is going to be relevant long enough. I also would like to buy games that are going to stand up to relatively long lives before my son grows tired of them. A gaming console isn’t a one-t

Alphadogg16 profile image90

Kevin W (Alphadogg16) says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Alphadogg16,

Thanks. I appreciate the kid-friendly answer. When I go into GameStop, I get amazed with how addicted some people are with these systems and new-releases. I think I’ve seen an adult knock a kid over; kids waiting patiently in line whil

AM Hanson profile image79

Adam M. Hanson (AM Hanson) says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Am Hanson,

Thanks. He really isn't into interactive multi-player gaming yet. I just need a good gaming device; an upgrade from his Xbox and PS2. Since you have the Xbox, can you think of any downfalls?

RolyRetro profile image85

RolyRetro says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

RolyRetro,

Awesome, thanks for the input.

tmos profile image59

tmos says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Tmos,

Thank you for your input. Can I assume that you aren’t overly impressed with the PS3 or Xbox360 and so the suggestion of the Wii? Or are you just particularly fond of the Wii? Honestly, I am not even sure what softmodded means?

taylorgang profile image66

taylorgang says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Taylorgang,

Thanks, I guess you're right. That being said, is it safe to assume that if someone owns a console and has no complaints that it's probably a pretty good console? But, what is it being compared to if someone owns just one a

lesliebyars says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Lesliebyars,

Thanks, that has actually been weighing my decision. I’d like to think that all the money that can get dropped on electronics, it would be ideal to have multipurpose systems.

Mr.NGR profile image60

Mr.NGR says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Mr. NGR,

Thank you. Can I ask what your opinion is about why so many kids are partial to the Xbox? Because yes, my son will proabably want what his friends have. Whereas I would rather buy whatever the better system is regardless of which one that is

ItsRainingcoffee profile image60

Alexander (ItsRainingcoffee) says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

ItsRainingcoffee,

That's discouraging that the PS4 is going to knock the PS3 down like that. That is the epitome of what I am against. You can't possibly try to keep up with the newest and best because there is always something newer and better.

Gamerguru profile image58

Daniel (Gamerguru) says

• taylorgang profile image

taylorgang 4 years ago

Very good input. I had friends that had the XBox 360 so that's what I got. Later on I got a PS3. Very similar, but the blu ray feature was cool.

Anas Ab Aziz says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Anas Ab Aziz,

You seem very sure of yourself. Can I assume that you have a PS3 and are quite satisfied with it?