EJ Lambert profile image 76

Which video game franchise dies first: Gears of War or Halo?

Halo and Gears of War were pioneer titles during the seventh generation of console gaming. Since then though they appear to be on a downturn in quality. Which one has the best chance to survive longer?

Willsummerdreamer profile image87

Will English. (Willsummerdreamer) says

• EJ Lambert profile image

EJ Lambert 4 years ago

I would say the first Halo accomplished that task but after that it seemed to lose its edge. Gears was really good at staying focused on the characters. Their problem is the gameplay as slipped a lot since the first installment.

Grab a Controller profile image75

Hannah (Grab a Controller) says

• EJ Lambert profile image

EJ Lambert 4 years ago

That is my thought as well. Judgment really was a kick in the gut as far as typical GOW quality. I think 343 hit Halo with a needed shock in the 4th installment. That clear sign of one path going down and one going back up says Gears is in for it.