EJ Lambert profile image 75

Which game would you say has replaced Final Fantasy as the premier RPG franchise?

Final Fantasy owned the RPG genre for a decade but has since lost its swagger. Which new franchise has since taken over that pedestal?

Willsummerdreamer profile image86

Will English. (Willsummerdreamer) says

melfina profile image89

melfina says

• EJ Lambert profile image

EJ Lambert 4 years ago

The sad thing for me is I feel the Fable series had the most potential to do it but for one reason or another they keep fumbling the ball.

Andy Bui profile image61

Andy Bui says

Souther29 profile image85

Olly (Souther29) says

• EJ Lambert profile image

EJ Lambert 4 years ago

The first Shadow Hearts was one of the best I ever played. Nice choice.

JohnGreasyGamer profile image89

John Roberts (JohnGreasyGamer) says

• EJ Lambert profile image

EJ Lambert 4 years ago

Hard to argue with that. I would say Elder Scrolls and perhaps Fallout come close in terms of world building but their stories don't even compare to FF. That is the sad state of the RPG. It's too focused on big worlds and not the stories they tell

Tonyx35 profile image61

J Antonio Marcelino (Tonyx35) says

• EJ Lambert profile image

EJ Lambert 4 years ago

Mass Effect would be my pick in terms of story and characters for sure. I only wish they were longer so you could do more but that is a great pick, Tony.