ANDR01D profile image 96

Do Steam keys ever expire?

I had a terrible thought the other day. You know sometimes you buy that game in the store that you know should be good but never quite get around to playing it, and it just sits there unopened gathering dust on a shelf? I was thinking, would it get to the point where the Steam key inside would expire and I wouldn't be able to activate the game when I actually wanting to play it? I tried googling this and looking it up on Steam but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

Best Answer Baimezan says

• ANDR01D profile image

ANDR01D 3 years ago

You make a good point. I'm likely to go ahead and just activate the games on my account in case a situation like that arises, even if I don't play them immediately.

Winterfate profile image98

Darrin Perez (Winterfate) says

Cthomas92 profile image61

Cody Thomas (Cthomas92) says