- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Hot-Blooded Action Game from Capcom and CyberConnect2
When studios like Capcom and CyberConnect2 team up to make a new game, you know you can expect something special. Such is the case with Asura's Wrath: a brawler action game for the consoles featuring fast-paced battles, flashy techniques, and overpowered bosses of planetary proportions.
This title was released on February 2012 for Xbox 360 and PS3 platforms (UK launch coming a bit later, in March). Find out about the story, features, and other interesting facts about the game on the page below.
Summary of Asura's Wrath storyline
Asura's Wrath is a tale of anger, betrayal, and revenge. In this game you play as Asura: a powerful warrior from a race of gods who was framed for the death of his Emperor and betrayed by his former comrades. Furthermore, they kidnapped and imprisoned his daughter in order to use her powers in remaking the world as they see fit. Beaten, wounded, but still alive, Asura crashes into the Earth where he sleeps undisturbed for 12.000 years, while the traitorous Seven Deities take over the Heaven.
One day, Asura is awakened by a young girl who came to his resting place in the mountains to pray. Immediately, she is attacked by a gang of ferocious Gohma (evil spirits that the gods fight against), and Asura steps in to save her. He is enraged by the injustice done to him, and he finds power in his anger. Fueled by his undying rage, Asura sets out to destroy the ones who betrayed him, and rescue his daughter from their clutches.
Some of the best things about this title
- Non-stop action: in Asura's Wrath, you control your character even during the cutscenes. Instead of just watching things happen, you can participate actively, and the outcome of the battle or dialogue depends on your choices. (We assume this works similarly to Paragon / Renegade interrupts in Mass Effect 2).
- Epic battles: the game will keep you on your toes with a variety of different enemies that require specific tactics to beat. Boss battles will have you fighting enemies the size of the Moon as you wrestle the control of the Heavens from treacherous usurpers.
- Unique setting: Asura's Wrath is a fusion of Asian mythology and modern sci-fi. Powered by Unreal Engine 3 graphics, the world comes alive and pulls you in.
- Rage never dies: this phrase sums up the character of Asura quite well. The angrier he gets, the more his fighting style changes. Enraged, Asura can grow up to 6 arms and pummel his enemies with his ungodly strength.
- Revenge is sweet: what could be more fun than personally delivering retribution to mighty divine beings who deserve it with your fists?
Asura's Wrath Trailer
This video previews what sort of crazy battles you can look forward to. Don't make Asura mad... You won't like him when he's mad.
Asura's Wrath Cover Art
Rate the Game
How would you rate Asura's Wrath on the scale of 1 to 5?
Reception & Ratings
Asura's Wrath received mostly positive and mixed reviews from the largest gaming websites, earning itself an above-average rating of 71 at MetaCritic.The user score is remarkably similar at 7.2 for the PS3 version, yet a much lower 6.5 for the Xbox 360 one. Most complaints are related to the game's numerous cutscenes and QTE sections; because of their prevalence, many call this title an "interactive movie" or an "interactive anime".