- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Toys for Kids
Bell Classic Bicycle Child Carrier
Bell Classic Bicycle Child Carrier
If you are looking for an economical child bike seat, the might be a great choice as one of the least expensive child seats available. Although a trailer type child carrier is preferred for larger children, most parents prefer to carry their smaller children closer to them on a safety seat mounted directly to their bicycle. Bell Classic Bicycle Child Carrier
The durable plastic shell along with the padded seat will absorb the bouncing and bumping from the ride. Your toddler or infant will enjoy hours of bike riding, feeling snug and comfortable in the security of their child seat, snug in their 5-point shoulder harness.
Always make sure your child is wearing a harness whenever they are with you on your bicycle.
images courtesy of Amazon.com
Best Price for the Bell Classic Bicycle Child Carrier - Find a Great Deal on this Bike Child Seat
Bell Classic Bicycle Child Carrier Features
Sturdy Carrier Designed to Fit Most Bicycle Frames
The low price of this child seat makes it a contender against other child bike seats.
- Adjustable harness creates a snug fit for your child's safety
- Five-point shoulder harness carries child securely
- Holds a child of up to 40 pounds
- Foot rests keep child's legs comfortable and feet out of the wheel
- Grab bar acts as both a hand hold and as a seatbelt
- Washable back pad
- Fits most 26-inch and 27-inch bikes (without rear suspension)
- Rear reflector included
Installing a Child Safety Seat on Your Bicycle - Is a Bicycle Child Seat for You?
If you have a very small child, it is appropriate to have your child in a seat attached to your bike. As the children get larger, the weight of the child may make it less safe to carry the child on a bike seat. Larger children should be carried in a trailer type child carrier.
Most bikes are set up so that installing a child bike seat is pretty simple for most people who have only limited mechanical ability.
Bell Classic Bicycle Child Carrier Reviews
Easy to Install and Very Sturdy Once Installed
Out of 45 customer reviews, they have rated the Bell Classic Bicycle Child Carrier with 3.5 out of 5 stars. Many customers commented about how easy the seat is to install and feel that it is a great product for such a low price.
I've summarized some of the comments made by consumers who had purchased this bicycle child safety seat:
- Our children felt safe and like to hold onto the bar
- After being installed the seat is very sturdy and secure
- The straps are fully-adjustable and keep our child snug and tight in the seat
- I absolutely recommend this seat to anyone looking for a child carrier, especially since it's so economical and practical
- I love this seat and so does my 10 month old!
- Not recommended for tall children
- Some consumers found that they couldn't fasten the seat to the seat post with the hardware provided by the manufacturer
Most customers felt that it was easy to install on most bikes. Those who had bikes with suspension were not so pleased. The seat is very economical, but not a good choice for those with taller children.
Wear a Helmet
Always make sure that you and your child are wearing a helmet whenever you are riding and have your child on any type of child bicycle carrier.
Toddler Bicycle Helmets - Make Sure Your Child Has a Properly Fitted Helmet
Responsible parents should always make sure that their child is wearing a helmet when riding on a bicycle. Despite all the safety features on the child bicycle seats, there is still a risk of injury if the bike tips or if you are involved in an accident. Make sure that your child is wearing a helmet so that the risk of head injury is minimized.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
Ohohdon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
If you have had any experience with the Bell Classic Bicycle Child Carrier, or any other bicycle child seat, I would love to hear from you. If you are in the market for one, please share your findings from your research.
Even if you have any general comments regarding this lens, don't be shy. I would love to hear from you.