- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Fun Party Games & Ideas
Top 10 Best Baby Shower Gifts For Boys
10 Helpful, Useful, and Awesome Baby Shower Gifts!
It is so much fun to find the perfect baby shower present for the expecting mom in your life. Whether you're the grandparents, siblings, or close friends of the new mommy to be- you want to get something unique and useful! I just had my second son this April, and it truly was an amazing experience. Thankfully I received everything I needed and more. Below you will find 10 of the best baby shower gifts for boys, some of which I was lucky enough to receive for my own sons! Note: All photos not associated with Amazon were taken by me.
1. Red Radio Flyer Wagon Gift Set - Interesting Fact: Babies visually prefer black and white over other colors!
When I was in school, my Psychology teacher pointed out that studies have shown babies prefer high contrast shades over colorful ones. I learned that babies were more interested in the contrast of black and white things, because they were so different from each other. Buying toys that are black, white, and red help with sensory development and are much more interesting to babies! This wagon is adorable, and full of high contrast developmental toys. I really like this gift!
With all the blue she's bound to get, any new mom would love the colors of this! So many great sensory development based, high contrast toys! I love this, and the wagon would be a great room decoration item to put toys in until baby is big enough to ride in it!
2. Monthly Stickers For Tracking Baby's Growth, 1-12 months - One of the Best Ways to capture memorable photos of that growing baby
What a great gift idea, wish I'd have gotten these at my shower. Just remember to request photos of the precious baby in their monthly sticker photos!
Great idea for baby photos, a sticker to put on them representing their age in months for the first 12 months. I really wish I'd have gotten them at my baby shower, I will have to get them. I've seen some of the best photos using similar ones, a great way to record your babies growth too!
3. Froggy Gift Basket
So many great things in this basket, and speaking from experience- mothers LOVE gift baskets!
4. Nursery Storage Set
This was on my wishlist, but unfortunately nobody remembered it. My family doesn't do a lot of online shopping, so I might just have to order this myself. I love this set because of all the storage it offers. I think it would be a very useful baby shower gift, and much appreciated by the mother to be. She will be so excited to get this out and store all her new gifts in when she gets home and starts going through things.
Here is a picture of the set all put together!
5. Munchkin Nursery Projector and Sound System - The BEST gift we ever bought for our son!
This is the BEST thing we have ever got for our son. Unfortunately we didn't get it until he was already a year old, but if I had known about it when he was a newborn I would have bought one then! If I ever have a shower to attend, this will be my go to gift. I had to include this in my list because it is a product I have really fell in love with.
Simply stated it is the HOLY GRAIL for baby sleep, and new momma sleep. It projects moving pictures onto the ceiling, plays soft sounds or music, and is voice (Baby crying) activated. Click Here For my personal review of this, where you will also find videos, pictures, and more!
This is the BEST gift I have ever got for my son! Something that looks so simple, but is so helpful. Very affordable for less than 30.00 this will be a favorite for sure!
Whose baby shower are you shopping for?
6. Infantino Baby Carrier - One of the best gifts I received and very useful!
Most people don't think of getting a nice carrier. This is the same exact baby carrier that I got with my first son and I loved it. Thanks to this product, I was able to get a lot done in my home, and still keep my son close to me. This is a really affordable carrier, but it is very well made! I still have mine and plan on getting it back out to use again when my son is born. I didn't think I wanted one at first, but after trying it out I'm so glad that I got it!
Update: I absolutely love this carrier, it has came in handy so much since my second son has been born. If I am chasing around my toddler I can wear my baby and it makes things so much easier and he really enjoys it. So glad I got this!
A great well made carrier, so useful to new moms!
7. Fisher Price Kick and Play Piano Gym - The Best Playmat you could buy!
This is the best activity play-mat I've ever come across. I got this gift at my baby shower, and my little boy has used it since he was born and still plays with it now that he is one. I liked this so much I did a whole article on it. You can see more pictures, videos, and more about this if you Click Here (my article on it).
8. Boppy Pillow - Breastfeeding or not, this will be a very helpful and well loved gift!
I was only able to breastfeed my son for about a week, and I had originally received this boppy pillow to help with breastfeeding. I soon discovered how useful this pillow was, and I used it for so many things. My son took naps in it (well supervised of course), I used it for support when bottle feeding, my son used it for sitting support when he got bigger- and I think I may have even used it as a pillow a few times myself. This is one of the best gifts I received at my baby shower, and I would definitely recommend it!
Update: My oldest son is now using this as a pillow when he takes his naps, and I ended up getting a second one since I have been able to breastfeed my newest baby. Definitely a great product!
My son in his boppy pillow, seems like just yesterday! I still have it, so I will be using it for this baby when he is born as well!
9. Six Piece Layette Set in Green - If you must buy clothes, this is the perfect set!
Love the greens, and for all you are getting this is really cheap! Great selection, I would get the 3-6 months size since most people will probably be buying the smaller sizes. They grow so fast!
10. Shopping Cart and High Chair Cover - So your baby can eat, and shop in style!
This is a great unique gift that most people wouldn't think of! I have one and I use it every time we go shopping. They are great for restaurant high chairs as well. A great way to keep the baby from sucking on the germ infested cart handles, and it's much more comfortable for the baby! And come on, they just look too cute!
I recieved a similar cover and I have really gotten a lot of use out of it. This was one of the best gifts I received at my shower, and I will be able to use it for both my boys!
Can't decide on a gift?
Money can be very tight for new parents! One of the most helpful things we received at our shower was cash and gift cards.
Gifts To Avoid Buying
Here are 5 baby shower gifts that you should avoid buying
- Clothing size NB- The baby won't be in newborn clothes long, and the mother will likely have more than she can use!
- Baby wash, shampoo, etc. Chances are she will get a lot of this, and it really lasts so long that multiple bottles is overly excessive.
- Receiving blankets, while very useful- tend to be a hot item. So I'd recommend getting something else. I ended up with TOO many (ended up turning a lot of them into cloth wipes).
- NB size diapers, again babies go through size newborn diapers fast! Some don't even fit into size NB when born, so if you plan on buying diapers I'd go with size 1 or 2.
- Pacifiers. Babies can be very picky as to what type of nipple they will take. I'd just leave it to the mom to find a pacifier the baby likes. I went through several types until I found one my son would take. Some mothers don't even offer them to begin with.