3 types of bikes for 2 year olds
1. Balance bikes - These are bicycles with no pedals as the purpose is just to teach kids how to balance. The idea is that once kids are confident enough for balancing, they can then be given "normal" bikes where all they need to learn is to pedal. A balance bike integrates fun with learning so I personally think they are the best bikes for 2 year olds.
2. Tricycles - These don't really teach kids how to bike because the additional wheel already creates balance. However, some kids still enjoy tricycles. Watch them pedal away with joy without worrying about falling.
3. Bicycles with training wheels - Again, this one is not meant for learning due to the balance created by the training wheels. Kids still love it though because of its form factor and sometimes even the design.
1. Strider Balance Bike
- This is the top selling best bikes for 2 year olds
. Kids can ride on it as the saddle is adjustable. It may be a little frustrating for your kid at first, especially if he/she keeps on falling. However, if you want your kid to learn how to bike at a young age then getting him/her a top quality balance bike is the way to go.
2. YBIKE Balance Bike
- If you worry that giving your child a bike to balance at an early age might just end up with him/her losing interest then you might want to consider this one. It's still a balance bike but it's got 2 wheels fastened together at the back, making it much more stable and easier for kids to balance. It can actually stand on its own even without a child sitting on it. It is also cheaper than a Strider. However, the seat is not adjustable so you will have to buy a new bike once your kid grows.
3. Hobby-Bike Balance Bike
- This one is a couple bucks more expensive than Striders but it may just save you some money in the long run. It comes with an attachable pedal so you can use it as a balance bike for your 2 year old and then simply attach the pedal to transform it into a "normal" bike as your kid grows.
4. Fisher-Price Rock Roll'n Ride Trike
- A very cute tricycle that you can use to teach kids how to pedal. You can stroll behind your kid by pushing the long handle at the back. You can just see how adorable this is by checking out the user review video when you click the amazon link on the left.
5. Spider-Man Bike
- Boys will definitely love the design of this bike. For girls, you may also buy the pink tricycle disney edition
. I found that it is not well built, though it may be just a case to case basis
6. LIKEaBIKE Jumper (German Walking Bike)
- This is the most expensive option. You get what you pay for however, with its ultra lightweight aluminum frame, wheels made of puncture-proof rubber and an adjustable seat. This is certainly a bike that lasts long.
These are just the top 5 best bikes for 2 year olds you can find online. Pick the one that best suits your budget and your kid's liking.