Best Clan Hosting
Powerful Clan Website Builder
If you are a member or a leader of a gaming clan and are looking to build a website for your clanmates, I suggest using a clan host. Compared to regular web hosts, most clan hosting services allow you to create a gaming website much easier, and fine-tune it to your needs. You don't need any special programming skills to start a clan forum, pick a great-looking layout and theme, create a voice server, install a DKP tracker, and so on.
There are several clan hosting services available, but the one I'll review on this page is called Enjin. It lets you create a guild website with a few clicks, and offers tons of extra features as well. According to the PC Gamer's Guild Hosting Roundup, Enjin is "easily the most robust of all of the guild management websites we found". You can read more about this guild host below, or register and give it a try yourself.
Here's why I think it is one of the best clan web hosts:
- Forums: one of the most important features when it comes to a guild website, forums are crucial for out-of-game communication, planning, discussions, and updates. Enjin coders have created a lighter version of their websites and forums that is automatically used on mobile browsers, so your guild members will be able to browse and post on their phones, too - nifty.
- Game-specific features: Enjin offers extra features for lots of popular games like World of Warcraft, SWTOR, CoD, Battlefield 3, and many others.
- Professional themes: great-looking web design layouts that can be easily modified with a few clicks. Choose from a number of attractive headers or upload your own. Lots of generic as well as game-specific (Call of Duty, Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike: Source...) designs available. A good-looking webpage can really set your guild apart from the others.
- Fast loading: Enjin strives to be the fastest and best clan hosting. A content-delivery network (CDN) is used to ensure optimum performance of your guild page - not only in the US, but across the whole world. Indeed, in the time that I've used Enjin, my site always seems to load very fast.
- Multi-gaming clans: if your gaming community plays multiple titles, don't worry. Enjin supports that out of the box (separate sub-forums, game selection, etc).
- Free to use for as long as you want (but you'll need the premium version if you want more features, themes, and file storage).
- Signature generators: make awesome forum signatures for the popular gaming titles (BF3, SWTOR, Rift, WoW) that show off your stats and are updated automatically.
- Use your own domain - unfortunately, this is available only in the premium version of Enjin. For a small, tight-knit guild, it's probably unnecessary, but your own cool domain name would probably impress potential recruits.
- Mumble voice server is yet another highly useful feature available to premium subscribers. High performance and crystal-clear voice communications for your clan! Mumble is open-source and offers probably the lowest latency around when compared to alternatives like Ventrilo.
Click here to go to their official website to sign up or find more information.
Most Popular Game Websites at Enjin
These games have the largest and most active communities, and as a result, the most content like themes and headers:
- League of Legends
- World of Warcraft
- Call of Duty
- Guild Wars 2
- Battlefield 3
- FFXIV Linkshells
Best Clan Hosting Poll - Vote for Your Favorite Guild Web Host Provider
What is the best clan host available?
You are also welcome to share your own experience with various clan hosts in the comments below.