Best Inflatable Water Slide for the Backyard
Have Fun with Your Own Water Park in Your Backyard
If you dread hearing the words "I'm bored" from your kids during the summer or you just want some wet and wild fun in your backyard, then consider getting your own inflatable water slide for your backyard.
Buying an inflatable water slide for my kids last year was one of the smartest things I did as not only did my kids have a blast playing in their own backyard, but I actually saved money when compared to buying a water park membership for the whole family.
Plus being that I have younger kids, it is easier to watch all my kids in the backyard and they can all have fun together, which isn't usually the case at an actual water park.
You don't have to spend tons of money on an inflatable water slide, as here are my recommendations for the best inflatable water slides for your backyard in two different price point ranges.
Best Affordable Inflatable Water Slide
If you are looking to save some money and not go to the extreme of spending too much cash on an inflatable waterslide, then this option is your best bet.
The Hydro Rush inflatable water park center is more than just a simple water slide. It also features a splash pool that kids can play around in along with a cool water canon that really shoots water into the pool area.
I really like the way that this water slide is set up because kids don't have to get out of the water and onto the grass to get back up the slide. This dramatically cuts back on grass, dirt and other debris getting into the inflatable.
To get up to the top of the slide, kids have to climb a climbing wall that adds some fun especially when soaking wet. Kids will love climbing up the wall and then just going right back down the slide into the cool water.
This particular water park is constructed to be able to accommodate up to 6 kids at a time and is recommended for ages 3 years and up. The maximum user weight is approximately 100 pounds so most older children would be able to use this water slide as well.
The size of the inflatable water park is approximately 18' long by 11' wide and is 8' high at the top of the slide.
You won't have to wait forever for this to inflate as it will be inflated within seconds and it is maintained with a constant airflow electric blower. And believe me, the faster you can get the water slide up and going the less "Is it done yet? questions you will have to hear.
This backyard water park is durable and is a quality made product that will definitely last you more than one year if you take care of it as needed. It does come with a storage case to easily store the inflatable.
The Ultimate Inflatable Water Slide for Your Backyard
If you are looking for the very best inflatable water slide for kids, then look no further.
If you are not that concerned about money or you have budgeted enough to buy the ultimate inflatable water slide for your kids, then my recommendation would be the Blast Zone Crocodile Isle Inflatable Water Park.
This is a huge inflatable water park that has two awesome water slides as well as a large splash pool. To get to the top of the slide area, kids must go up the wall climb and then choose what side they want to go down. Each of the slides goes into the same splash pool and kids don't have any reason to leave the water area to get back up to the slide area.
It is another great quality water park from Blast Zone that even though it is large in size it will only take minutes to completely inflate.
This water slide play center is designed to accommodate up to 6 kids and the recommended age is 3 years and up. The maximum user weight should not be more than 100 pounds.
You will need a rather large backyard for this inflatable water slide as it measures 14' by 22' and is 8' high.
It does come with a 1 year warranty on the inflatable as well as a 1 year warranty on the blower. This is a highly recommended water slide and is made by a reputable company that has great reviews.
Blast Zone Crocodile Isle Inflatable Water Park
Safety Tips for Backyard Inflatable Water Slides
Inflatable water slides can be so much fun for kids, but there is a level of danger when it comes to kids playing on these structures.
Here are some safety tips that we implement at our house that I hope will give other parents help keeping their little one safe when playing with any type of these structures.
1. Only one child on the slide at a time. This is an important rule that I enforce with my children as it can be really easy for them to slide down and knock another child right in the head. The other child must be clear of the slide before get onto the slide. My kids are usually pretty good about this since it is one rule that I really enforce.
2. No jumping off the slide either into the pool area or onto the grass. The above slides are pretty high, especially for younger kids and they can get really hurt if they were to jump off instead of sliding down.
3. No pushing anyone down the slide. It can be really tempting for a child to want to push their friend or sibling down the slide to hurry things along or to just have fun, but it can also lead to injuries. I try to enforce a hands off other kids type of rule when on the slide.
4. No throwing dirt into the pool. The dirt particles can be a really pain in the butt to get out of the inflatable and you don't want to store a mud pit instead of a nice clean water slide.
5. No toys allowed on the slides or in the splash pool unless approved by mom. The reason why I made this rule is that I didn't want my kids bringing in any sharp toys that may puncture a hole in the inflatable. I will let them bring in soft toys like the ball pit balls as well as things like rubber ducks and rubber bath toys if they want.
6. No going near the water slide unless mom or dad is supervising. For me this is just a precaution because I don't trust all my kids playing on it without being supervised especially the younger ones. Plus, even though the pool only has about a foot or so of water, a child can still drown if they fall in.