- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Fun Party Games & Ideas
How to Get the Best Baby Shower Cakes
Baby shower cakes are a great addition to celebrating a baby shower. These cakes are not only delicious, but they also match the theme of the celebration. Plus, you can also write a personal message on the cake for the celebrant and the parents of the baby who is having the celebration.
There are plenty of stores where you can buy customized baby shower cakes, and some people go out and make the baby shower cakes themselves not only for practical reasons, but so that they can personalize the cake as much as they want to.
Like most occasions that call for a cake, you also need to carefully plan on which baby shower cake you should get, and below are a few ideas to help you get started.
* The gender of the baby
* The theme of the baby shower
* Any preferences of the parents
* A budget to work on
* How much time you have until the date of the baby shower
1. The first thing to do is to know the gender of the baby for whom the baby shower will be for. This will give you an idea of the colors and the decorations that should be on the cake, like pink flowers for girls or blue cars made of icing for boys. Even though it’s really the adults who will be enjoying the cake, the baby shower cake is still technically for the baby.
2. Some parents like to have a certain theme for the baby shower to make it unique, and this is actually a great way to make preparing for the shower easier since you can all work together for the decorations and other smaller details. You can also make your baby shower cake match the theme by its shape, the colors, and the decorations that will be on the cake.
3. It is also a good idea to get the opinion of the parents of the baby on what cake they would like, unless of course the baby shower is a surprise. Some people might have allergies to nuts or even chocolate and other parents may already have an idea of what cake they would like including the colors, which is why it is great to know what the parents would prefer.
4. Baby showers are more for giving gifts for the parents that their baby can use, and the cake is really more for a celebration rather than the actual highlight of the event. With this in mind, stick to a reasonable budget for the cake or even ask a mutual friend of yours to chip in on the cost.
5. Knowing when the celebration is gives you enough time to get the best baby shower cake. If you know how to bake and decorate a cake, you may also make it yourself provided that you have plenty of time to prepare for it. If you don’t know how to bake, you can always buy one that’s already pre-decorated but if you have enough time, most bakeshops will accept custom made baby shower cakes that will surely be a hit at the celebration.