- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Xbox 360 Slim Console Review
Xbox 360 250 GB Console Review and Gift Ideas to buy
The newest model of the Xbox 360 has come a long way from the old consoles that were famous for the Red Ring of Death. The newest 250 GB Xbox 360 is superior in every way to the old models.
Microsoft has addressed the RRoD issue which came mostly from the machine not being able to dissipate heat properly. The new 360 console not only dissipates heat better, but the fan is also much quieter.
The new sleek black gloss finish makes the new Xbox 360 a real beauty.
On top of that, It is the only console on the market today that features a 802.11n built in Wi-Fi.
I hope the following review of the new Xbox 360 helps you in your decision to buy one of these fine consoles
Xbox 360 Console Review
Thoughts About the New Xbox 360
If you are thinking that you may want to buy a new Xbox 360, then here are a few thoughts about it.
1) The chip-set is smaller, and the layout of components is such that the new Xbox 360 takes up less space. However, the design has been revamped quite a bit. It has massive cooling vents on the sides, a gloss finish and looks miles better than the original 360 overall. Honestly, nobody can dispute that.
2) The 'on' and CD tray buttons are now touch-sensitive and require only "the slightest of swipes"
3) The Xbox 360 slim is much quieter; the cooling system is better and the console does not sound like it is having an asthma attack whenever you put a CD in. As well, the optical drive itself is virtually silent when it comes out.
Unless you are sitting beside the console with your TV muted, you will not be able to hear it.
New Xbox 360 250GB HDD Picture - Xbox 360 Console Review Continued
4) Wi-fi is now built-in, it is an 802.11n adapter (in English: good stuff, very good stuff)
5) The Xbox 360 HDD is built in with 250GB of memory, so you will have to use a data transfer cable or a USB if you want your old data. If you already own one of these items then great, you do not have to buy a new one
6) Although it is silent now, you will still get massive, ugly, game-breaking scratches on the inner ring of your disc if a particularly dumb person decides to flip your Xbox 360 over.
Xbox 360 Rear View - Console Review Continued
7) It has 5 USB ports instead of just the original three. Basically that is one in the back for Kinect and four that you can use for any of your other Xbox 360 accessories.
8) No update on this so far, but there was a statement from Microsoft saying that a cheaper model would be available. I guarantee that it will have a smaller HDD capacity, but am unsure about any other changes there may be.
Update: Well we now know that the new Xbox 360 console is available with a 4 GB HDD for $100 less. Personally I chose the 250GB model. All that extra space for $100? Done and done! More room than on my PC!
Although this console does not come with HDMI cables, your old ones will work. The very nice people at EB Games let me keep my old one, but I had to give them the new cable from the box. They probably put old ones in the box and sold the new ones separately!
Buy Xbox 360 Consoles From Amazon
If you do not have an Xbox 360 yet and you're thinking that you may want to buy one, this is hands-down the model to go for.
Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Which Video Game Console Do You Prefer?