Sequel to the Legendary Dark Fantasy RPG
Diablo III is the next installment in the extremely popular action RPG (hack and slash) series from Blizzard. The game retains a feel similar to that of previous Diablo parts, including the isometric view. Diablo 3 uses a custom 3D engine with Havok physics, allowing spectacular destruction of game environments. Similarly to Diablo II, there are both static and randomly generated levels and enemy encounters.
The game takes place twenty years after the events of Diablo II. Heroes that survived the onslaught of the armies of the Burning Hells have gone mad from their ordeals, and now a new generation of warriors have to face the forces of evil threatening the world of Sanctuary.
The page below lists the most interesting game features, system requirements, screenshots, and the spectacular cinematic trailer.
Diablo 3 ScreenshotsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Diablo 3 is a highly polished game, retaining everything that worked in Diablo & Diablo 2 and improving the gameplay experience with an epic storyline, amazing graphics, new quests system, more detailed character customization, and, of course, great multiplayer.
- Five distinct classes: Diablo 3 features 4 brand new characters (the Wizard, the Demon Hunter, the Monk and the Witch Doctor) as well as one class from the previous game: the headstrong and proud Barbarian. Unlike in previous Diablo games, the players can choose the sex of their character. Class choice affects the storyline, certain quests, and the cinematics.
- New graphics engine: experience the dark and dangerous Diablo 3 world in 3D, with spectacular visual effects and Havok physics, allowing the player to interact with or destroy various elements of the environment.
- Different every time: Diablo 3 features a random level and encounter generator in addition to static, scripted events. The gameplay is dynamic, and the game will be different with every replay! The game has numerous outdoors and indoors areas, including new, previously unseen exotic regions of the Sanctuary. DIII also has class-specific quests to make replaying the game more interesting.
- Smarter enemies: fiendish hellbeasts and other enemies all have unique behavior and attack patterns. Not only that, every enemy creature has 35 different death animations, such as "beheaded", "crushed" or "electrocuted".
- Improved multiplayer: play with or against other players over Battle.net in exciting multiplayer co-op games. Many new features being developed for Starcraft II multiplayer (such as the competitive ladder) are also available to Diablo III gamers!
- Powerful auction house: buy and sell legendary gear, crafting components, and other items. You can use the auction house from anywhere in the game, and sell items from your shared stash or individual character inventories.
Diablo 3 Concept ArtClick thumbnail to view full-size
Diablo 3 Trailer (Cinematic Teaser)
Rate the Game
While the game sold well and received positive reviews from the largest gaming websites, users were less accepting of the game's many flaws. The real-money auction house and the always-online requirement were the two largest complaints. Thankfully, Blizzard listened to the community, and their first expansion pack, Reaper of Souls, addresses these issues.