- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Mass Effect 3
Conclusion to the Epic Sci-Fi Saga
Mass Effect 3 was one of the biggest video game releases of 2012. The game concludes the saga of Commander Shepard by pitting him against the strongest enemy yet - the Reapers. Mass Effect 3 offers additional gameplay modes, more customization, new character classes, familiar companions, and completely new characters.
Mass Effect 3 was released for PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 platforms on March 6, 2012. Find out about the new features, watch one of the trailers, and share your opinion about this Shooter / RPG game in the comments section.
Some things to look forward to in Mass Effect 3:
- Epic conclusion: Mass Effect 3 is the last installment of the trilogy, and the end of Commander Shepard's journey. You will have to face the final enemy - the Reapers - directly, and either triumph, or doom all intelligent life in the galaxy to extinction.
- It's your story: the choices you made in the previous Mass Effect installments have a big impact on the plot of ME3. The races you've helped out in the past might return the favor and follow your lead in the battle against the Reapers.
- Old companions: fan-favorite squad members like Liara, Garrus, and Tali are coming back, each with more depth and character to them than before.
- More customization: Mass Effect 2 greatly simplified and streamlined the inventory system and other aspects of the game. ME3 won't be bringing back the clunky inventory of the original game, but it will give you more character advancement options, and also offer new weapon customization with up to 5 mods per one device.
- Brutal melee: fans of close-range combat will like the fact that every class in Mass Effect 3 has its own unique melee attack, an some of the classes focus on melee combat more than others.
- Multiplayer: first in the series, Mass Effect 3 features co-op multiplayer (more about that below).
Mass Effect 3 ScreenshotsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War
An additional aspect of the game that also includes multiplayer!
Mass Effect 3 has an additional part of the game called "Galaxy at War". The key point of this system is Galactic Readiness which shows how prepared the galaxy is for the upcoming war with the Reapers. The player can improve the readiness of a particular galactic sector by several means, which are completely separate from the single-player campaign. One of the most interesting ways of improving the Galactic Readiness levels is performing multiplayer missions with your friends.
Mass Effect 3 multiplayer takes form of co-op missions, which are played in four-player teams. You play as a Special Forces soldier and your tasks range from acquiring and protecting resources, to building up defenses against the Reapers. There are 6 playable classes and races (Human, Krogan, Asari, Drell, Salarian and Turian) available.
It should be noted that both the multiplayer and the Galaxy at War game components are completely optional. You can still get your "perfect victory" (the best possible ending) by finishing only the single-player campaign.
Against All Odds Trailer
Watch a Thresher Maw fight a Reaper in this awesome ME3 video.
Rate the Game
How would you rate Mass Effect 3?
While Mass Effect 3 was well-received by the critics, gamers complained endlessly about the ending, perhaps justifiably so. Personally, I thought the Control ending was the best, whereas Synthesis made no sense whatsoever.
What did you think about ME3? Rate the game in the poll to your right.