- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
The Sims Medieval
About the Game
The Sims is one of the most popular video game series in the world, offering endless family-friendly fun for casual gamers. if you are a fan, don't miss a great new title, The Sims Medieval, which was released on March 22, 2011. It adds RPG and strategy elements to the Sims and takes you to the fantasy Middle Ages with kings, queens and wizards.
The Sims Medieval is quite different from all previous games in the series. It retains some traditional life simulation gameplay elements, but also use a lot of ideas from RPG and even strategy games. Here are some of the most interesting things to be excited about in TSM:
- Kingdom Ambition - choose a goal before starting to build your realm. Do you want to have the most enlightened nation, rich with culture and scientific discoveries, or perhaps a warlike kingdom aiming for global domination?
- Quest system: in TSM, quests are the way you will accomplish your goals and further your kingdom's progress. Discover a cure for a mysterious ailment that plagues the King, find and slay the evil witch, and embark on epic journeys.
- Hero Sims: complete quests by controlling a variety of interesting Hero Sims. As you build and expand your kingdom, you will be able to unlock more Heroes to play with! Examples include Merchants, Knights, Priests, Wizards, Blacksmiths, Spies, Monarchs and many more. Hero Sims are also able to marry and have children.
- New features: conduct diplomacy with nearby kingdoms and trade peacefully or go to war. Use your blacksmiths to craft items, wizards to learn and cast new spells, and physicians to cure people. Challenge other Sims to a duel with your knight or monarch (even to the death)!
For more information about the game, just visit the official The Sims Medieval page on EA.com.
Buy The Sims Medieval on Amazon
The Sims Medieval blends the familiar gameplay of The Sims with RPG elements in a Middle Age setting. PC and Mac players will have to both assure the happiness of their Sims, and work to fulfill the goals of their realm by engaging in various quests. The game includes a variety of Hero Sims, a leveling system, and an overall player-chosen goal for kingdoms.
See what the new The Sims Medieval game looks like.
All rights to the game content belong to EA. Visit the official gallery for more TSM pics.
The Sims Medieval Trailer
A preview video for this RPG-inspirired Sims title.
Rate the Game
How would you rate The Sims Medieval?
Despite its differences from the other games in the Sims franchise, TSM was received favorably and currently holds a rating of 77 at MetaCritic.
What did you think about this title, though? Vote in the anonymous poll to the right!