- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Call of Duty Black Ops about, review and tips
About, Review and Multiplayer Tips for Call of Duty : Black Ops
Have you ever thought about buying Call of Duty : Black Ops and yet haven't made you purchase because you aren't too sure, with this I hope it can make you follow up the purchase because it is truly an amazing game. I have also got some multiplayer tips for when you feel like taking everyone on online and climbing the ranking ladders.
If you want any more help online then you can add me on Xbox Live 'no1 CHINGLISH' is my gamertag so just catch me while I'm on and we can try our best online to beat as many people as we can.
About - Some information about the game
Call of Duty : Black Ops is a first person shooter video game developed for the Xbox 360, Wii, Playstation 3 and PC by Treyarch and published worldwide on 9th November 2010 by Activision. The game is the first within the series to be set in the cold war but the fifth one to be set during world war 2. This instalment Is the third that has been developed by Treyarch and is the sequel to Call of Duty : World at War.
During the campaign you take the role of many different characters within the game giving different perspectives throughout the ongoing story. It is simple to progress through the story due to the heads up display showing your distance from the objective. Playing as these characters might get boring if you were to do it on your own so they created many AI characters to play along side you as you carry out your stealthy and not so stealthy missions.
The campaign uses the same combat system as in the online multiplayer mode, still allowing you to dive from standing to prone and the same fast paced action you can get against other real players.
Call of Duty : Black Ops Trailer
Review - My thoughts on the game
The Call of Duty franchise is one of the most well known franchises of all time and holds many awards. Call of Duty : Black Ops was definitely not a disappointment to all previous Call of Duty fans, it was able to attain its amazingly addictive and competitive multiplayer game play whilst adding an all new campaign story to try and change peoples perspectives about the game. This new type of story is a change compared to the more modern and more direct approach from the Modern Warefare games. Instead Call of Duty : Black Ops uses many different interesting and mysterious twists within the story to attract and pull the player within the game.
Call of Duty games have always been known best because of their multiplayer and the games ability to entertain most gamers (or make them go over the top and get frustrated with every death they get), It is easy for games like this too succeed within the gaming industry because of its continuous online game play tournaments on Major League Gaming and other Third party tournament holders.
All in all I love Call of Duty : Black Ops it is not my favourite game but it is up within my top 10, if I was to give it a rating then I would have to give it a good and honest 8.8 out of 10 because of its fast paced and intense story, but also because of its competitive and very popular online multiplayer.
Multiplayer Tips - Tips to get you playing like a pro
These tips aren't In any particular order and the more of them you use the better you will do when playing online multiplayer for the best results.
1. You can ask so many people and they will probably tell you the same stay with your teammates, whether it's one teammate or three you stand a better chance against someone if there is more than one of you.
2. Try and survive, I know it sounds stupid but the less you die and the more cautious you are the better you are in terms of keeping a good kill/death ratio.
3. Combat training is your friend, if you are good on veteran you should be good online, this mode was created so that people that needed practice but didn't want too be getting killed online for them to learn, so use it to your advantage.
4. Always use a class that suites your playing style, if you're a front man than you would probably want an SMG or shotgun so that you are close up in the action, or if you like to be in the background taking out lone wolves then an accurate sniper or an assault rifle might be your piece of cake. There are also the players that like blowing people up and ripping them to shreds with an LMG.
5. Even if you don't get kills make sure you do your best to support your teammates, If you are the one that camps on your team then you may want to activate a spy plane you have to help your teammates win you the game remember you aren't the only one that wants to do good.
6. Use your grenades, not just your explosives. Use your flash, stun and smoke grenades to give your teammate support in battle or give them cover to run from a fight they simply cannot win at this moment in time.
7. If you know your going to die make sure that you don't go without a fight, do as much damage as you can to your enemy or even throw a grenade to blow them up as you die.
8. Watch your previous games, If you watch yourself play in theatre mode then you may find faults in your game that lead you to die one kill away from a great killstreak.
9. Use a suppressor, I always find that when I am playing a match online that when attacking a group of enemies from behind without a suppressor they get aware of my position, because when you shoot without a suppressor you show up on the mini map. A suppressor works very well with the ghost perk on making you invisible to players trying to track you down.
10. If you are about to die but can run away then run, If you have the chance to run away from death then do It, you can always turn around and draw them Into a trap for you to counter them.
11. Stick to the edges of the map, If you are in the middle of the map you can be shot from any direction, whereas If you are around the side then you can shoot at people easily running from position to position.
12. If you are using a fully automatic weapon burst fire for long range shots, this is an important one as it can save you If you come In contact with a sniper but cannot get close enough for his primary weapon to be less efficient against you.
Tips for Zombie mode
1. From rounds one through to four you should use your knife to gain extra points. For maximum points shoot the zombie six times before and then knife to get a maximum score for each zombie.
2. Stay with your team mates unless you are on your own, this is because 2+ weapons are always better than 1, you can last a lot longer in a game if you work well with the people you are playing with.
3. Try and get weapons that won't run out of ammo, LMG are the best for this, because if you run out of ammo then you have to take the zombies on with a knife and that is never easy.