- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Canada Quiz for Americans
Canadian Quiz for Americans (and others)
How well do our Southern Neighbours know us? Are they up for the challenge?
Here's a fairly easy quiz of 20 questions - no, there are no trick questions among them.
For the most part, I think Americans are an honest breed so let's get on with the test and see how well they do.
Questions 1 to 5 (The Real Easy Ones)
If you miss them all - oh oh ....
1. What furry mammal is closely associated with Canada?
2. There are 2 official languages in Canada - what are they?
3. How many provinces are there?
4. Is Nova Scotia next to Alberta?
5. In what province would you find Montreal?
Now - Don't Cheat. The answers are in module below.
Answers to the First 5 Questions
If you didn't get at least 1 right - Boy, are you in trouble !!!
1. The Beaver
2. English and French
4. No way - NS is in the East and Alberta is in the West.
If you didn't get at least one of them right, I'd bail out now if I were you.
Now, on to the next 5.
Questions 6 to 10
A Little Harder
6. There are 3 really big cities in Canada - Vancouver, Montreal and what is the other?
7. Is seal hunting allowed in Canada?
8. Back in our history - two countries fought for control - England and who?
9. When did we become a country - 1825, 1867, 1903, 1948 or 1969?
10. In World War II - did our navy fight in the war?
Now that wasn't so bad - was it? Answers in the next module.
Answers to Questions 6 to 10
7. Sadly, the answer is Yes.
10. Of Course !!!
Give yourself 1 point for each correctly answered questions so far. If you happen to be a Canadian taking this quiz and have scored less than 5 so far - we are shipping you to the USA !!!
On to the final 10 - put the thinking caps on - they are getting a little more difficult !!!
The Final 10
If you get all these 10 right, then you should be a professor here in Canada (that is if we had any universities ...):
11. What are the names of 2 of the NHL teams here in Canada?
12. Where is the Plains of Abraham - in Montreal or Quebec City?
13. Name the 2 provinces which are islands?
14. Name the Capital of Nova Scotia?
15. Is marijuana legal in Canada?
16. Who was Pierre Elliott Trudeau?
17. Who are the Barenaked Ladies?
18. If you wanted the best chance to see a polar bear in the wild, what town or city would you go to?
19. Did we ever win the World Series?
20. And finally, this is a tuffy .... Who is our current Prime Minister (don't ask Bush cause I'm not sure he knows).
WOW, wasn't that fun - wonder how well you did - go to next module.
The Final Scoring
Must I Really Wear That Silly Hat?
Since the last 10 were a bit tuffer , give yourself 2 points each for those you have right. And the answers are:
11. Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs and the Montreal Canadians - You needed 2 of the 6 (and I forgot 2 of them myself but a friend in Germany corrected me ...duh).
12. Quebec City
13. Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland
15. Yes, for medicinal purposes.
16. One of our most beloved Prime Ministers.
17. One of our good Rock Bands.
18. Churchill, Manitoba - The Polar Bear Capital of the World.
19. Yes twice (both times - the Toronto Blue Jays)
20. Stephen Harper
First, I trust that you were honest!
So, one point for correct answers to the first 10 and 2 for the last 10 .... let's see ... a perfect score would be 30.
If you scored more than 15 points - you're an Honor Student unless you are Canadian in which case you should have gotten at least 22 points.
If you scored 8 or more, I'll pass you but you need to do some more work in the future.
If you got less than 8, I must report you to Canada Customs. If you want to visit us, you'll need to retake the test or sneak across the border !!!
Please go to the next module and let us know how you did - Thanks !!!
Score Bulletin Board - Don't be Ashamed !!!
Be brave and tell us is you passed or not.- what was your score?
Do You Pass?
Quiz Master - Profeesor Canuck
Wasn't that fun !!!
Do you think that you can do the harder quizzes. There's lots throughtout Zut Moon's Kingdom. All you Need to do is cliCK on his photo In the upper left and you will see a link that will give you a list of all the lenses he has written.