How To make Cardboard Toy Car - Cardboard Craft Activities
Cardboard Car Craft Fun Activity
Handmade cardboard toy car is a great fun activity that children of all ages can enjoy making with the family.
If the toy car is made well it can drive smoothly on a leveled surface using the wheels that you can use candle holders, milk carton or juice lids that you can use straw to insert the wheels. The chassis of the car can be made from any colored card or grocery box sides.
Materials That Are Needed To make Cardboard Toy Cars
- Tea candles, four milk carton or juice lids ( for the wheels)
- Thick card
- Cocktail sticks
- Masking tape
- Paint brushes
- How to Make a Cardboard Car: 9 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow
How to Make a Cardboard Car. Make a small car out of a shoe box.
Cardboard Toy Cars Instruction
- Get a model car from any newspaper or magazine
- Use a pencil to draw two sides of your chosen car model
- Cut the two sides out
- Cut a long rectangular shape. This rectangular shape will decide how wide you want the car to be.
- From the two sides of the car that you cut out earlier, use scissors to cut out two v-shapes that will form the wheel arches from where the wheel axles will go through. The base of the car will hold the wheel axles.
- At this stage, start assembling the car
- Join the long rectangular shape to the car sides by using masking tape to hold them together. The car will start to take shape from here.
- To fit in the base of the car, cut a piece of card and tape it to the base of the car. You can decorate and paint the car to show a driver sitting in the driver's side and/or with family sitting in the car.
- Use the candle holders by removing the candle out of one and using the empty holder to cover the top of one tea candle (see video below), or use four milk or juice lids. To make the toy car wheels, open a hole at the center of each of the lids.Insert straw to go through the hole of the lids. To be sure that the lids (wheels) will not come out of the straw, push cocktail stick to go through end of the straw. Break ends of the cocktail sticks off to make it easy for the wheel to turn.
- Attach only one wheel to the axle (straw), then push it through before attaching the second wheel.
- Cut the straw to fit the car size, then repeat same to the second axle
- Now your model cardboard toy car is ready