Celtic Tribes Game: Guide Overview
Celtic Tribes Game Guide
Your Guide Everything
If you're here, then either you found my guide on your own, or someone pointed you in this direction. Either way, welcome to the Celtic Tribes Game Guide and Overview. This is just a short introduction I wrote to help each of you understand what the other sections of the guide are about. To be honest, this guide started as a simple three part series, but then part one ballooned into a ten thousand word monster, and I soon realized (thanks to Andre's post) that parts two and three were going to push the guide into eBook land.
I suppose if I didn't like to write so much I would never have put so much time and effort into it, but for those of you who are top players, or who want to know how top players do it, there is a wealth of information here. There is also, I hope, a few laughs to be had along the way. If you've already read my guide, then you'll find that it was e-n-o-r-m-o-u-s in its previous incarnation. That hasn't really changed (the guide is still enormous).
What has changed is me breaking the guide into smaller, more bite sized sections. Specifically, there is an intro, and then six sections total for the guide. Each subsection or category has a Pro Tip if there is anything helpful that a Pro would know, but that isn't covered in the basic guide. This should make the guide much easier to read and manage - especially for those of you on mobile devices (as opposed to iPads and Galaxy Tabs). Hopefully this will help everyone playing the Celtic Tribes Game to enjoy their game experience more and not constantly wonder what the next best thing is in the game.
PRO TIP! This is what a Pro Tip looks like. Find them throughout the guide, and if you they taught you something you didn't know, let me know in the comments section!
Part One - Celtic Tribes Game Guide
The Basics - Where It All Began...
This section is for those of you just starting out. If you think you know everything about the game, I would encourage you to have a look again, because there are a few pro tips you might not have been aware of (check out the menu pro-tip, as an example). Here we will go over server choice, the in game tutorial, a quick look at your first village, and then the main menu controls. There isn't anything too difficult here, and for the most part it will be a once and done read, with occasional reference visits down the road.
In this section we will discuss the following topics in detail:
- Servers: This is just an overview of servers, with a pro tip to keep you moving.
- The In Game Tutorial: This briefly touches on the in game tutorial and what it offers.
- Your First Village: A quick glance at your village, with some tips on understanding where to start, and where to look next in the guide.
- Top Menu: What it does, what everything means, how you can make the most of it, and another pro tip.
- Bottom Menu: A look at each of the menu items, with some advice and details on them.
- Sub Menu: An in depth look at the items that are accessible from the Bottom Menu.
PRO TIP! Read Part One: The Basics
Part Two - Celtic Tribes Game Guide
Buildings and Runes
Because buildings are what makes your village, and runes are the technology that improves it (fairly significant improvements when they are all added together), we have made a list of every building and rune you can have, including the resources and time required for each. If you are an advance planner, then this section is for you.
In this section of the guide we have a look at the following items:
- Non-Resource Building Types: We'll look at each building type, what it does, how important it is, and how long it takes to build.
- Resource Producing Building Types: Here we'll do the same for resource production, and more importantly, resource storage.
- Runes and Technology - 18 Credit Hours: This section examines Runes, what they are, and why they are important.
- Runes and Technology - The First Six: We take a look at the foundation runes, and consider which ones are essential to development.
- Runes and Technology - The Middle Six: In this section we examine the more powerful runes, many of which are unlocked by their less powerful predecessors.
- Runes and Technology - The Last Six: A review of the most powerful runes, and their uses.
PRO TIP! Read Part Two: Buildings and Runes
Part Three - Celtic Tribes Game Guide
Artifacts and Missions
The Celtic Tribes Game introduces a new concept to the Xyrality portfolio of games in the form of Artifacts. Artifacts are special, in that they give unique bonuses that you can change depending on what you are doing. The catch is, to earn these rare items, you need to have the troops necessary to run the appropriate Tavern missions. As you've got such a large population to work with, this should be an easy thing to do. Here we'll take a closer look at some of the bonuses from these artifacts, as well as the missions you'll have access to at each level.
Learn how to up your early game, while shaking things up a bit!
- Artifacts You Can Find: This is a list of every artifact I know of in the game. I add to it as I find more or people send me screenshots, so check back or post in the comments section if you think I've missed something.
- Artifact Patterns and Bonuses: There are various patterns that can give additional bonuses to Artifacts. Knowing what patterns to keep active and when to activate them is important.
- Artifact Missions: This is a list of all known artifact missions. They are covered in detail, with a full listing of requirements for each.
- Tavern Missions: Here you will find the first 7 Tavern Missions, complete with details on them, what they give, and how many troops are required for each.
- Tavern Missions: This details the last 7 Tavern Missions, including troop counts and details as above.
- Tavern Mission Strategies: A listing of strategies employed in managing and running Tavern Missions can be found here, along with a few useful Pro Tips.
Part Four - Celtic Tribes Game Guide
Growing Your Village (mmm, cheeseburgers)
So, you've read the guide this far, and now you are ready to get into some of the more salient points of village growth. Great! That means you should have a good understanding of the necessary foundation topics, and now that you have a better understanding, we can start with some serious training.
Now that you're ready, we'll get right to business with these important details:
- Important Buildings: These are the buildings you should absolutely be focused on, to the exclusion of all others - if you want to be a top player.
- How to Build - Free Players and Potion Players: Here we take a look at the two different types of players, and what build strategies are best suited to each.
- Understanding the Map and Supporting Other Villages: Really, this should be easy, but maps in all Xyrality games are just messed up. Read on to learn more.
- Resources and Farming: For those of you who love farm town, or just like tedious tasks. I recommend listening to Tool when doing this, as it helps pass the time.
- Bronze and Silver: This is a basic overview of the two. More detail in Section Five on attacking.
- Finding an Alliance: For those of you who do not want to have all of your villages taken, you need an alliance (no, it isn't an option).
PRO TIP! Read Part Four: Growing Your Village
The Note 4 - Pretty Cool!
Part Five - Celtic Tribes Game Guide
Attacking and Defending
To grow, you need to attack, and if you're being attacked, you'll need to defend. We'll look at the necessary functions and some recommendations for starting out in this section. As the topic is fifth in our series, you can bet it includes some advanced details, numbers, and a few calculations for the more daring among you. There is also discussion as concerns some of the more traditionally acceptable tactics in other Xyrality games.
Here, we'll let you read the details on troops and other goodies:
- Troop Comparisons: This gives us an in depth look at the troops, how they compare to one another, and even discusses a pro-tip that some people have mistakenly assumed is accurate (it isn't - I've tested it thoroughly).
- Foundation Defense: We look at the total possible troops you could have, and then take an approximation of 25% and determine what troops will serve you best as a simple foundation to defend yourself from attacks.
- Foundation Offense: A more advanced subject is offense, as it requires you to have at least some defense, lest you lose it all. Again , we take the 25% figure, and consider what troops comprise a good foundation of offensive units.
- Attack and Defense Strategies: For those who want to know some tricks to keep themselves safe, this lists a few good ideas, and discusses which are the more effective ones currently employed, and why that is often a dynamic situation (where one defense works, people adapt, and then a new defense is needed).
- Clusters, Strongholds, and Tripwires: These are some tried and true tactics in the other Xyrality games, but do they work here? Read more and see for yourself.
- Capturing or Losing a Village: It can be as easy as taking a free village, or conquering a fortified enemy position and then defending it from counter attacks. The question is, are you prepared?
Part Six - Celtic Tribes Game Guide
Written By Topsy Kretz
Selective perception, the rule of five, and the number 23 will all take you far in life, provided you observe the Principia Discordia. With that in mind, you should know that this section travels along the very fringes of accepted Celtic Tribes Game lore. Yeah, you can haz cheeseburger.
In this section, we'll discuss such engaging topics as:
- Speed Growth: This explains how to grow quickly, and what tips you can take to do it even without potions.
- Blitzkrieg Tactics: A daring maneuver use in war times, this can be done in groups, or accomplished alone if you have sufficient magic potions.
- Scorched Earth Tactics: Honestly, these are things you should not do, but more importantly, they are things you should be aware of that other people do. They can cause quite a bit of headache, so pay close attention!
- Extending Battles: This discusses methods you can use to extend battles - though extending battles like you can in Crazy Tribes or Lords and Knights is impossible.
- Multiple Accounts: This goes into detail about why people do it, and what happens when you do it. I also personally frown upon it as a practice losers engage in. If I can be in the top ten and take care of an infant baby, you should be able to at least keep up without cheating.
- Game Etiquette: This is just a brief section on proper game etiquette. It specifically deals with what is and is not socially acceptable in game.
PRO TIP! Read Part Six: Advanced Tactics
Closing Remarks - Celtic Tribes Game Guide
Help Me Refine The Guide
I hope you have found this overview of the guide helpful. Please post your comments below, and let me know if you have any concerns about the guide or things you might like to see added. As ever, thanks for the support!
At a certain point between juggling my baby, wondering when my husband will call next from Afghanistan, and juggling my baby some more, I might lose focus on the overall topic from a new player's perspective. If you are a new player, please, let me know if you found this article helpful. I will do my best to respond to every comment or criticism (even from mean people). So... that's it, back to writing about the Celtic Tribes Game. Have fun, so long, and thanks for all the fish!
PRO TIP! This guide was originally more than 20,000 words in length, and basically all one web page - one VERY long page. To give you an idea, the average printed page in Word is between 250 words double spaced, and 500 words single spaced. To put that in perspective, if you were writing at the fee of $0.01 per word (an extremely low rate for a professional writer), it would cost $200.00 just to have written (research would have cost extra), and be more than fifty printed pages with titles, images, and captions. It has since been separated into more manageable sections, and has had Pro Tips (like this one) added to help draw attention to parts of the game people are less familiar with. So, next time you read a game guide like this, consider just how much time and effort went into it, and make sure to comment and thank the writer! :) Thanks for reading. See you in game!
Fair Use and Copyright
I Worked Hard On This
I know many of you will copy parts of this information to your alliance pages. I expect that, and I suppose imitation is the highest form of flattery (but I still prefer shoes, bags, and perfumes). With that in mind, this is just a little notice that everything I have written about this guide is copyrighted by me. This includes all sections, subsections, and all that fun stuff.
Visit HOWikis for the other stuff that's copyrighted under creative commons.
You are free to use parts of it as reference on your Alliance forums, as long as you link back to the main article here, or on HOWikis. To link it, just copy and paste the link from your browser. Likewise, if you are someone running a games site or other site (reviews, whatever), and you want to reference and link my work (linking being the important part), giving credit to me, that is great. I work as a writer, so the more people see my work, the more chance I have to earn a little extra income for my little Celtic Ham. If you want me to write a guide for you, or for your game, then use the form here and contact me.