Dead Space 2
Action / Horror Game Set in a Space Station
Dead Space 2 is a sequel to the first Dead Space title by Visceral Games studio. It features more hideous and powerful Necromorphs, as well as glorious new weapons for dismembering and burning the abominations in even more violent and spectacular ways. New gameplay elements such as zero gravity puzzles and hull breaches are also present.
Dead Space 2 was released on January 25th, 2011 for PC (Windows), Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 gaming platforms at the same time. Find out about the new game features below.
What's new in Dead Space 2?
The game has new enemies, more gameplay elements and more powerful weapons. Here are just some of the cool new toys in Dead Space 2:
- Isaac Clarke is no longer a silent, lifeless avatar: he's a character with voice (Gunner Wright) and face.
- Impaling: use the new Javelin weapon to pin your enemies to the space station walls and electrocute, cut them up or blow them into space using...
- Decompression: breach the hull of the space station to create local storms and eject every nearby enemy and object into the cold vacuum of space. Hit the emergency button to lower the shutters or you will end up the same way!
- Horror: besides dark, claustrophobic environments and horrible enemies you will have to fight the hallucinations in your own head as well.
- Zero gravity: navigate in zero G environments with full 360 degree freedom using your suit's jetpack, and solve various puzzles do advance forward.
- Multiplayer: choose either human or Necromorph side and do battle with your friends in awesome space station levels.
Buy Dead Space 2 on Amazon
Experience the frightening Dead Space epic in a whole new survival horror adventure with engineer Isaac Clarke. Wage war against a Necromorph outbreak in multiplayer as you fight in skirmishes around the massive space city Sprawl and brutally dismember your buddies. Explore the depths of the Sprawl and encounter new zero-G combat and physics-based puzzles with full 360-degree movement freedom.
Dead Space 2 Screenshot
Dead Space 2 Trailer
HD "Dementia" trailer showing the voice and face of Isaac Clarke.
Rate the Game
How would you rate Dead Space 2 game?
Dead Space 2 boasts an impressive score of 90 on MetaCritic. The users have been only slightly less kind, giving it a high aggregate rating of 8.6. The PC version of the game is slightly lower-rated, as it often is with console ports.
The story of Isaac Clarke doesn't stop here. The next game, Dead Space 3, takes Isaac to Tau Volantis, a frozen, snowy planet, and an interesting change from the spaceship environments usually prominent in the series.