- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Disney Cars Cupcakes
Disney Cars Cupcakes are Great for Birthdays or Other Boy Celebrations!
Disney's movie Cars is one of the most popular movies for little boys; it's no wonder that so many little boys want Cars-themed birthday parties. Instead of cake, many people choose to serve cupcakes at their birthday parties. With cupcakes, you don't need to cut the cake, and kids don't have to argue over who gets more frosting. Sometimes they do argue over the toy on the top of their cupcake though.
If you're hosting a Cars birthday party and are serving cupcakes, or just want to bake up a batch of Disney Cars cupcakes for a special treat, here are some ideas that you might want to use to make your next batch of cupcakes special.
Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater Cupcake Rings
I'm not sure what it is about the silly plastic rings that kids get on top of their cupcakes on occasion, but kids tend to like these. If the kids are little enough, they might fight over them, so try to get enough for each kid to have one.
Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater Cupcake Toppers
Kids like plastic rings on top of their cupcakes, but I think they like to get cars on their cupcakes even more. This package comes with three Lighting McQueen cupcake toppers, and three Tow Mater toppers (even though the picture doesn't look like it).
Disney Cars Cupcake Baking Cups
While probably not as cool as having Lightning McQueen on your cupcake, these Disney Cars baking cups are a nice touch. They are microwaveable and eligible for free shipping with $25 purchase or with Amazon Prime.
Checkered Flag Cupcake Picks
The adults at your party might want a cupcake, but you might not want to go through all the expense of putting a ring or a car on top of their cupcakes. These checkered flags might be just the thing for the older people at the party. They come in a package of 24.
Cupcakes or Cake?
You can have Disney Cars cupcakes at your next party, or a Disney Cars cake. Which one do you prefer?
Which is better, cupcakes or cake?
You can use a mix, or you can try this recipe, which tries to use more natural, organic ingredients. You can always substitute regular ingredients if you don't have the organic ingredients on hand.
Prep Time: 30 minutes (or less, I'm slow)
Total Time: 18-20 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup sugar (preferably organic)
- 3 large eggs (preferably pasture raised)
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups organic unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups organic powdered sugar (for frosting)
- 2 tablespoons light cream or milk (for frosting)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (for frosting)
- 1/2 cup butter (for frosting)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350Âº F.
- 2. Put paper liners in 12 muffin cups.
- 3. Combine butter and sugar; beat with a mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well as you go. Add vanilla extract and lemon zest and beat into cupcakes.
- 4. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- 5. Add half the flour, then add milk, then add flour, while mixing at low speed. If necessary, scrape the sides of the bowl so mixture stays together.
- 6. Fill muffin cups with approximately the same amount of batter. Bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes. Cupcakes should be nicely browned, and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean. Set aside to cool.
- 7. For the frosting: cream the butter until well blended and smooth. Add vanilla extract. Gradually beat in sugar. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the milk; beat on high speed until you get a light and fluffy frosting. This should take about 3/4 minutes. If necessary, add more milk or sugar. You can use food coloring to change the color of the frosting, if you'd like.
Cars 2 is Now Out - Did You See the Movie?
These Might Be Useful When Making Cupcakes
The Cupcake Club on Squidoo is an ever-growing collection of the best cupcake recipes ever. You can make pages for your favorite cupcakes (and even earn money from them). Click the big cupcake you see at the right to learn more and get started.
Where else can you find The Cupcake Club? - Our blog, HQ on Squidoo and Facebook Fan Club.
- The Cupcake Club: The Blog
For even more cupcake ideas.
- The Cupcake Club: Facebook Fan Club
This is where we have all our tasty discussions, weekly celebrations, and share our lenses back and forth.
- The Cupcake Club: Make your own cupcake page on Squidoo
Where you can go to make your next cupcake page for the club. For free.