All Things Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper Rocks!
One of the first soft drinks in the United States, Dr Pepper debuted in Waco, TX in 1885. I have never found a good way to describe what Dr Pepper tastes like, but I can assure you it not a cola and it is not prune juice.
You might notice that I don't put a period after the Dr in the Dr Pepper. While it's true that there used to be a dot after the doctor, as you can see from the picture of the bottle cap, a change in font in the 1950s forced the removal of the offending dot.
Read on for more information. If you are just here looking for t-shirts, I have some on the bottom of this lens.
You've Got Questions? - They've Got Answers!
- The Dr Pepper Website
The one and only Dr Pepper site (though not necessarily the best place to find answers).
- The Highly Unofficial Dr Pepper FAQ
Intensively researched information.
- What Wikipedia Says
Because somehow, Wikipedia always knows.
- "Answers" Answers
This is a hodgepodge of facts from Answers.com about Dr Pepper.
- A Short History of Dr Pepper
A wonderfully concise and to the point history of the drink on About.com.
Say It Ain't So! - Debunking Dr Pepper Urban Legends
- I Pledge . . . .
Snopes (best urban legend debunking site in the whole wide web) explains how Dr Pepper did not, in the aftermath of 9/11, produce a patriotic can of soda that left out the words "under God" from the pledge of allegiance. They produced a patriotic can
- No Prunes Here
Snopes may not know what Dr Pepper contains, but they know what it doesn't contain - prunes.
The OFFICIAL Dr Pepper Store
Unfortunately, the old official store leads to a bad link, so this is the Dr Pepper Museum Store, which is just so-so. Check the categories on the right side of the page for more options: Dr Pepper Store Front. But that turns out to be a bad link sometimes, too. Here, however, is where you can get things from the Dublin Bottling Works, which is where they still make Dr Pepper with sugar: Yay! And you can always try ebay or amazon (below).
So many of you come here looking for Dr Pepper T-shirts, but there aren't that many on Amazon, which is where I would get mine. Another place to find them is Old Doc's, but they don't have pictures of them (which is strange). Of course, there is always ebay.
Proclaim That You, Too, Are A Pepper
How much of your soda drinking is Dr Pepper drinking? - How well you tolerate other sodas.
Some people like Dr Pepper. Some people love Dr Pepper. Some people can't tell the difference between Mr Pibb and Dr Pepper (?!!?) and some people still insists it tastes like prunes. Some people drink cola instead.
What Kind of Pepper are You?
Dr Pepper, The Official Sponsor of . . .
- ...Houston, TX.
- ...Dallas, TX.
- ...the Oklahoma State Fair.
- ...the Gregg County State Fair.
- ...the largest prize won by Evelyn Ryan (also known as The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio).
- ...the Hispanic Heritage Foundation's Youth Award with Community Service, for students committed to bettering their community.
- ...Big 12 Conference Football Championship.
- . . . NASCAR #50.
- ...The Amateur Athletic Union.
- ...the Baylor [University] Bears.
- ...the Army/Navy game on December 4, 2004. (The first official soft drink of an Army/Navy game ever.)
- ...Grapevine High School (near Dallas, TX).
- ...a celebriduck (a rubber ducky) in the likeness of the Indianapolis Firebirds' Raymund Philyaw. No, seriously.
- ...Chely Wright's CD The Metropolitan Hotel
release-week CD signings at Walmart.
- ...Associated Colleges of Illinois' Road to Success essay contest (2005).
- ...Excellence in Advertising on Television and Radio awards (2002).
- ...the fourth annual "What's Wrong With This Episode? April Fool's Contest" for The Drew Carey Show (2001).
- ...Songahm Taekwondo World Millennium Expo (June, 2000).
- ...spot on WHOO-AM (part of the ABC radio network) show in 1967 which gave little known facts about US Presidents.
- ...Dick Clark's Celebrity Party (1963).
- ...Texas State Fair.
- ...Dallas Stars Dr Pepper Golf Classic.
Dr Pepper GIves You Money
- Dr Pepper's Tuition Giveaway
Since 2008, Dr Pepper has awarded over 8 million dollars in tuition. Learn more about the Dr Pepper Tuition Giveaway here!
You thought YOU liked Dr Pepper? - fan sites
- Dr Pepper 10-2-4 Club
The Dr Pepper 10-2-4 Club is a national organization of people dedicated to the study of the history and collecting of memorabilia of the Dr Pepper Company. Annual dues are $25. They are now affiliated with the Dr Pepper Museum. They even have a yea
- Bring Dr Pepper Back to Australia
For Aussies to petition Cadbury Schweppes to return the sweet nectar to the land down under.
Famous People Who Drink Dr. Pepper - They Want to Be a Pepper Too
- Michael Ian Black
- The Dixie Chicks
- Tom Hanks
- Celia Cruz
- Garth Brooks
- LL Cool J
- Smokey Robinson
- LeAnn Rimes
- Reba McEntire
- Paulina Rubio
- Run DMC
- Rutland, VT City Fire Chief Robert Schlachter
- Princeton Senior High's Golf Team (Princeton, WV)
If you know of someone who drinks this fabulous concoction, please let me know and I will add that person to the list.
You Oughtta Be in Pictures - Prominent Product Placements
- Forrest Gump drinks Dr Pepper (1994)
When Forrest is in the White House, he has a lot of Dr Pepper. This links to an interesting article.
- Spiderman 2 (US version) (2004)
Dr Pepper's logo appeared in the U.S. version of "Spider-Man 2" from Sony Corp.'s Sony Pictures, on the refrigerator in the pizza shop where Peter Parker works. But overseas, the logo on the refrigerator belonged to Mirinda, a fruit- flavored soft dr
- Cast Away (2000)
But I won't tell you when, because I don't want to spoil anything.
- X-Men 2 (2006)
Because the good Dr has special abilities of his own.
- Panic Room (2002)
Right towards the beginning of the film, after the mother and daughter have moved into a new place they order in pizza. The mom has a glass of wine, but the daughter has . . . Coca-Cola. Click the link to see what she was supposed to have.
- Auntie Mame (1958)
I saw this the other day and was thrilled when Dr Pepper was referenced. Agnes Gooch: Oh, no! Spirits do the most horrible thing to me. I'm not the same person! Mame: What's wrong with that? Agnes Gooch: Will it mix with Dr. Pepper? Mame: He'll l
- Blast from the Past
ATKINSON The neighbors over there said the guy spent day and night out here. She'd bring him sandwiches and hot Dr. Pepper. LEVY He drank it hot? ATKINSON Yeah. LEVY Good god. ATKINSON Yeah.
- Student Bodies (1981)
Thanks for the heads-up Keith! Dr Pepper is everywhere in this film.
- Snakes on a Plane (2006)
I haven't been able to confirm this, but I did find a reference to DP in the book that the movie is based on.
1970s Dr Pepper Commercial: Wouldn't You Like to Be A Pepper Too?
Dr Pepper on Social Media
- Dr Pepper on Facebook
With over 14 million likes and counting.
- Dr Pepper on Twitter
The latest Tweets from Dr Pepper (@drpepper).
- Dr Pepper on Instagram
Photos and videos from @drpepper
- Dr Pepper on YouTube
Football games, recipes, songs and more.
- Dr Pepper Museum on Pinterest
So this is a bit of cheat, but it is SUCH a fun page that I included it anyway.
- Dr Pepper on Vine
They appear to have stopped using Vine in 2015
Dr Pepper Internationally
- Dr Pepper in Japan
Interesting article about Dr Pepper in Japan.
- Buy Dr Pepper in Japan
Oddly enough, this is a Coca-Cola site, but you can buy Dr Pepper here and you have a good variety of sizes as well.
- Buy Dr Pepper in France
I think this is located in France. It's kind of hard to tell.
- Dr Pepper México on Twitter
The latest Tweets from Dr Pepper México (@DrPepperMEX). Síguenos también en Facebook: /DrPepperMex. Mexico
- Dr Pepper Great Britain on Twitter
The latest Tweets from Dr Pepper (@DrPepper_GB). The official account of Dr Pepper Great Britain, tweeting live from Pepper HQ. Pepper Towers
Dr Pepper Slogans
- Wouldn't You Like to be a Pepper Too? (Be a Pepper.)
- Aways one of a kind.
- King of Beverages.
- Be You.
- Just What the Dr Ordered.
- Dr Pepper, It Makes the World Taste Better.
- America's Most Misunderstood Soft Drink.
- Drink a bite to eat.
A Dr Pepper Place to Visit
The Dr Pepper Museum
I haven't been here yet, because I have never been to Waco, but I'd like to go.
The Dr Pepper Museum is 18,500 square feet and offers three floors of exhibits. There is a scaled recreation of the Old Corner Drugstore (where Dr Pepper was first mixed) complete with a talking animatron of Doc Alderton (Dr Pepper creator). Bottling equipment, containers, and an interior artesian well are also featured, along with 25 years of Dr Pepper commercials. Other exhibits include soft drink marketing and advertising campaigns, as well as a recreation of a 1930s country store.
These things all have to do with Dr Pepper, but they seem to defy catagorization.
- Online Petition to Make Dr Pepper Available in every restaurant
According to the write of the petition, "Dr.Pepper should be an option for people when choosing the right drink in any restaurant. What is wrong with people? Do they think Dr.Pepper isn't good enough . . . "
- If I drank 268 Dr Peppers in one sitting, I would die from the caffeine.
How much of your favorite caffeinated drink would it take to kill you? Take this quick test and find out. (Differs by weight and type of drink, of course.)