Dungeon Siege 3
New Addition to the Dungeon Siege Franchise
Dungeon Siege 3 is an action RPG from Obsidian Entertainment (developer) and Square Enix (publisher). It features classic Dungeon Siege gameplay of hack and slash, but offers a lot of improvements and changes as well. The game was released on June 17th, 2011 in Europe and June 21st in the United States for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Windows platforms simultaneously.
You can find out more about DS3 on the page below. I've compiled a list of the most interesting new features and other information about the game. Don't forget to vote in the poll and tell everyibe how much you enjoyed this game, either!
If you decide to buy Dungeon Siege 3, Amazon is a pretty good choice as they offer reasonable prices and free shipping. If you are playing on your PC, you can download the demo from Steam and try it out for free first.
Find out what Obsidian is doing with the franchise
- Elaborate storyline: players will return to the Kingdom of Ehb, tasked to rebuild the once-powerful 10th Legion and save the realm from descending into darkness. Obsidian is good at storytelling, so DS3 has a proper story, and you are able to make meaningful choices and achieve your goals in different ways.
- Pick your Hero: instead of classes, you get to pick one of the four playable characters, each with their own name, abilities and backstory.
- New advancement system: every character has 3 stances (2 offensive and 1 defensive), with a different array of abilities each. You can improve every ability in two different ways by assigning points you'll get by leveling.
- Hack and slash combat: the game has been adapted for consoles, meaning impressive camera close ups and button mashing while battling armies of bad guys. Build up your Focus by using regular attacks, and use it to activate your special powers. Enhance your attacks further by using Power Orbs.
- Active defense: dodge enemy attacks by rolling away, or activate your block ability which drains Focus as you use it. Furthermore, certain protective abilities are only available while in the defensive stance.
- Multiplayer mode: the game does not have PvP, but it does include a co-op play mode that allows the players to drop in and out of the game seamlessly, vote on conversation choices, revive fallen teammates, and combine the strengths of different characters to defeat stronger enemies together.
Dungeon Siege 3 ScreenshotsClick thumbnail to view full-size
All rights to game content belong to Obsidian Entertainment and Square Enix. Visit the homepage of the game for more information:
Dungeon Siege III Trailer
How would you rate this game?
The game is very different from its predecessors, with pre-made heroes available instead of freely choosing and improving a class. That's one of the reasons why it didn't get very good reception on the PC, although the console versions are rated slightly better at MetaCritic.
Have you played Dungeon Siege 3? Share your thoughts and reviews of the game.