Post-apocalyptic Survival RPG
Fallout 3 is an action / roleplaying game developed by Bethesda Softworks. It takes place in year 2277, 36 years after the events in Fallout 2 and 200 years after the nuclear war that devastated the Earth. The game has been highly anticipated by fans all over the world and already received several awards.
Fallout 3 launched on October 28th, 2008 in North America and October 31st in Europe and Australia on three platforms simultaneously. You will find various information about the game such as features, screenshots and trailers on this page.
For 200 years Vault 101 - a fallout shelter - has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by the Vault for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
Game Features and Facts
- Fight for Survival: not only you will have to battle terrible mutants and beware of the genocidal Enclave - the ground itself is your enemy, killing the careless with deadly radiation. The nuclear fallout has resulted in a harsh and unforgiving world, where only the strongest can survive...
- Character Customization: create your own face with a character shaping system more powerful than the one in Oblivion. Choose 3 Tag Skills out of 14 possible and get a unique Perk for every level up to 20. Utilize gear to further boost your skills!
- Superb Graphics: the advanced Gamebryo graphics engine will allow you to experience the oppressive post-apocalyptic world of Fallout like never before. Switch freely between 1st and 3rd person views to suit your playing style.
- Unique Gameplay: the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System, or VATS is a hybrid between turn-based and real-time combat systems. Plan the battles and target specific body areas of your enemies to inflict maximum damage!
- Karma: everything you do, including conversations and combat choices, affect your status in the world and the attitude of non-player characters towards you.
- Weapons, Weapons, Weapons: true to the Fallout traditions, there is a wide variety of killing tools, ranging from brass knuckles and sledgehammers to rifles, energy weapons and even the Fat Man - a tactical nuclear catapult.
Buy Fallout 3 from Amazon
PC (Windows), Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 versions of Fallout 3 are available. Choose between Standard, Collector's, and Survival editions. The Collector's edition comes with a Vault Boy collector's item, an art book, "The Making of Fallout 3" DVD and a fully customized metal Vault-Tec lunch box. The Survival edition includes all of that, plus an exclusive Pip-Boy 3000 replica.
Fallout 3 Concept Art
Fallout 3 Trailer
Fallout 3 Rating
Reception and Rating
Fallout 3 was rather well-received, with many big gaming website giving it very good reviews. Users of MetaCritic have rated it highly as well. This is despite FO3 being considered "not a Fallout game" by many of the series' hardcore fans due to it being so different from its predecessors.
Various DLCs and the sequel, Fallout: New Vegas, enjoyed a similar success. For new players, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition on Steam includes all add-on packs.