The Fallout Series. A Game, Or Vision Of Things To Come?
Welcome To Vault 101!
Pop Culture Influenced!
- The most popular brand of television in the wasteland is the radiation King. Homer Simpson had a Radiation King television set as a boy.
- Nuka-Cola Is a reference to coca-cola! All Bottles, Vending machines, billboards and toys in the wasteland have the vintage 1950s red and white designs.
- The lone wanderer's date of birth is a biblical reference to Micah 7:13 , "The earth will become a wasteland because of its inhabitants and as a result of their actions"
- Mister Gutsy spouts altered one liners from movies like, Apocalypse now, die hard, full metal jacket, and dirty harry!
- The children of atom worshiping a nuclear bomb is a reference to the planet of the apes film where a cult worships an atomic bomb.
War. War Never Changes...
"The end of the world occurred pretty much as we had predicted. Too many humans not enough space or resources to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones."
We watch in silenced horror as the narrator tells a tale of human greed, hatred, and self destruction, The world is engulfed in nuclear hell fire. Those that survived took shelter in underground vaults. Lucky is the farthest thing from what these survivors were. They had unwillingly become adopters of a new earth. The wastes hold fractured and shattered remains of human history. Ravaged remnants of history tell tales of life before the bombs. The foolish, bold, or curious who dare travel the wastes all meet a familiar end... Though, Their stories whispered to eternal echos, as legend.
Enter The Wasteland
From The Ashes Of Nuclear Devastation
The vault door opened, for the first time since the bombs dropped in 2077. The nuclear fallout has long since settled and survivors from all walks of life left the safety of their vaults to start life anew. The sun stings your eyes, the air is dense, so hard to breathe. Overhead lies miles of deserted land, though some still walk the wastes. Some simply want to survive. Others choose to kill and steal. What will your role be, wanderer? how will your choices influence others?
What Lies Ahead?
A New Day
The survivors who share the same goals and interests split off into small factions throughout the wasteland. As you travel the wastes your actions towards groups will influence their perception of you. A beggar might need some caps or water. A caravan may need help fighting off bandits. A persons life may be left in your hands. You must choose.
Prepare For The Future. Fallout 3 Commercial
Mad, Mad World
Life in the wasteland is not all sunshine and sugar bombs! As you travel you will be forced into combat with many kinds of enemies, both human and creature. From the lowly raider to the mighty deathclaw, everything bleeds and dies. completing quests, disarming traps or mines, and killing enemies all grant experience, which you can use to hone your skills.Opening locked doors or accessing sensitive computer data? childs play. Stealing a key or document? elementary! Landing the perfect shot on some unsuspecting raider? Priceless!
Rad-Away. Expensive? Beats Turning Into A Ghoul!
A Very S.P.E.C.I.A.L Game!
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Combat is unavoidable. You can sneak around undetected, but soon or later you have to defend yourself. There are many, many, weapons that can be found, bought or... uh hmm.. "Borrowed". A majority of the time conventional small arms will do the trick.
- Pistols, rifles, sub-machine guns and shotguns. Conventional and very efficient,
- energy weapons like laser pistols and plasma rifles, both of which turn your opponent into vaporized dust or goo! SWEET!
- If you really like explosions and giblets, try the big guns category, rocket launchers, flame throwers and mini guns send opponents flying into the air in pieces and on fire! NICE!!
- Explosives are dangerous! so be sure to leave a trail of frag mines as you walk to catch patrols off guard! you may even maim and disfigure large groups of enemies! high five!
- Melee weapons are great for close quarter combat! yes sir, nothing greater then uppercutting a raider down a staircase!
You Are In Actuality, The Terminator.
Roll The Dice!
What Is Your Favorite Fallout?
The Perks Of Leveling Up
Leveling up not only makes you stronger it grants you one of many perks. Some help with rad resistance or carry weight. some grant you special abilities and unique attacks. Others enhance the experience, like bloody mess or wild wasteland! Choose what you level up wisely as many perks have prerequisites. Ninja for example requires you to be level 20 or higher and both the sneak and melee weapons skills must be at 80 or above. Remember, rad roaches and mole rats are a cheap source of xp so farm them! do it now!
Interesting Facts On Fallout 3
So Ends The Story Of The Lone Wanderer
Fallout is more then a game, it is a narrative of the human condition. At its core it tells a story of defeat, perseverance and triumph. It leaves us questioning our morals at times and forsaking them at others. A game of sharp contrast and grit. It has certainly set the standard for action -rpgs with its vats combat system, mature dialogue, and visceral presentation. Very few games have engrossed me. This is a gem that must be experienced to be appreciated. end quote.
"But the tale of humanity will never come to a close, for the struggle of survival is a war without end... and war... war never changes."
Original Black Isle Studios
A Must Play!
Bethesda Takes The Helm
One of my favorite games ever