jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's the best game box to buy? Xbox, PSP or Wii?

1. telltale profile image76
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

What's the best game box to buy? Xbox, PSP or Wii?

If I were to purchase a game box, and wish it to be more reliable, and not having to take it to maintenance and repair workshop regularly, which do you think, is the best buy?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

A chess board and pieces, it develops the brain instead of turning it to jelly by playing games on the one eyed monster, and it never needs any maintenance.

3. profile image0
    RoyZwamposted 7 years ago

If you mean PS3 in stead of PS3, you should definitely choose the PS3. The PS3 has better exclusives than the Xbox, and it contains a Blu-Ray player!!
    If you mean the PSP (The PlayStation Portable, the thing you can hold, the handheld), you can choose between the Xbox and Wii.
    The Wii is more for family games, if you don't care that the graphics don't look good.
    The Xbox has more 'mature' games but also has some (read: not much) family games.

You can compare the Xbox and PS3 pretty good. The PS3 is better in my opinion, the Xbox breaks very fast (RROD), the PS3 doesn't. Though, the new Xbox might be just something for you. I have an hub about the new Xbox if you're interested

4. ibeleevenme profile image62
    ibeleevenmeposted 7 years ago

I agree with RoyZwam.  We have an Xbox 360 and swore by it and recently bought a Playstation3.  WHAT a difference!!!! 

In order to go live on the Xbox, you need to pay for Xbox live whereas with the Playstation 3, all you need is a wireless router. 

The WII is a great system for kids and if you would like to tone up a bit because some of the more involved games and WII fit work the body!  The graphics, however are not much to brag about.  They seem to be overly exaggerated to appeal to the little ones.

Good luck!

5. JeremysStuff profile image53
    JeremysStuffposted 6 years ago

I don't think you need to worry about maintenance on these types of "consoles" (not game boxes). They are built to last but usually come with warranty anyway in case of factory defects. Personally, out of the 3 you listed, I would choose the Xbox 360. Out of the console race, it usually has the best content and better performance out of the three; however, the Wii has a collection of games that are more goofy/family oriented and user friendly if you're more in to those kinds of games.